Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Facebook
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Facebook

daimonbdaimonb Member
edited November 2011 in General

So is there or are we gonna join the 21st century and get lea to create a facebook group?

Comments

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

True true, but there wont really be any big benefit other than trolls ;)

• thinking more along the lines of getting to know other members.

Anyways my face book is daimon bowland pic of an ugly mug of my face if anyone wants to add me be nice to see who we actually talk to on here.

• Thanked by 1drmike
  • I would rather see G+, to be honest. At least you know what happens with your data there.

Given Facebook's latest EULA/TOS update, it won't be long at all until I close down my accounts there completely.

@Aldryic said: I would rather see G+, to be honest. At least you know what happens with your data there.

I don't trust Google over Facebook. No way :)

• never used it so cant comment barely get time for facebook but when i do i just hammer ehlers danlos group as i have it (yes im disabled not mentally lol ) and texas hold em poker.

• @Infinity said: My name for all non-School friends is Humza Tabob, school friends is Humza Rowinski. Those who know me will know my real surname, none of those are my real surnames.

Very secretive. Everyone know's my name :|

@DanielM said: Very secretive. Everyone know's my name :|

Not really, I just like protecting my privacy. People that know me, know my name, people that don't know me don't deserve to know my name. Simple.

• @Infinity said: Not really, I just like protecting my privacy. People that know me, know my name, people that don't know me don't deserve to know my name. Simple.

lol. okay.

Thanked by 1Infinity

@DanielM said: lol. okay.

You know my name I think. My MSN ID = my name :P

• edited November 2011

Tabob and rowinski how many aliases does one need?

• @DanielM argh i remember looking into the pirate party uk , they looked absolutely useless.

• @net said: argh i remember looking into the pirate party uk , they looked absolutely useless.

Better than many tho... Lets not get into a politics battle lol

@DanielM said: Better than many tho... Lets not get into a politics battle lol

My old old old IT teacher supported Pirate Party. This is him: http://www.pirateparty.org.uk/wiki/Mark_Sims

• Compared to say the swedish pirate party the uk one doesnt compare. Leader looks out of place. I have only ever supported the Green party and the tooting popular front ;)

• @Aldryic said: I would rather see G+

Btw do people really want a G+ for business page? Same as Facebook -- it won't be something that I'll use for discussions (since we already have a forum). So it's really just a tool to link people (and their real names) together.

One problem with G+ page for now is that you can only have 1 admin per page and it does not seem to be transferable...

• Mmm, true enough. I hadn't really played much with the pages side of G+ yet.. didn't bother signing up until recently since they decided to exclude Apps users until a short while ago.

My only real preference for G+ over FB is just how downright shady FB has been in the past years. Sorry, but I prefer to retain ownership of my name and contact information >_<

• @Aldryic said: My only real preference for G+ over FB is just how downright shady FB has been in the past years. Sorry, but I prefer to retain ownership of my name and contact information >_<

I doubt that Google differs in that case from any other social network. Google sells information for advertisement purposes. That's where the money comes from. Just like Facebook, though.

• Google sells information they collect while you're using their services. Facebook sells information they collect while you're using web browser on basically any site (ok they said they stopped doing it, but I don't trust them at all).

At least Google tells you what they do with your data.

• Google is also up-front about it, and only 'sells' this data to a branch within their own company (using what they know about you for targeted ads. I much prefer that to random ads for things I'll never consider).

Take a careful read over the Facebook EULA. -Anything- you post becomes their property. Did you write a poem, and shared it with your friends? It's legally theirs now. Are you a digital artist, and uploaded a pic? Theirs now. Were you foolish enough to add your address/phone in with your profile? You just sold them the rights to sell that data to 3rd party advertisers, and you didn't even get anything out of it.

• I hate Facebooooooooooooooook!

I wanted them dead that Nov 5 u_u lol

• I;m sorry but after my experiences with Automattic/Wordpress, unless their privacy policy says "We'll do whatever we want with your data and you have no say in it" I won't believe it.

• I have no personal Facebook, winning....

• @ztec said: I have no personal Facebook, winning....

Exactly :D

• Facewhat?

• ZeroZero Member
    edited November 2011

@yomero said: I hate Facebooooooooooooooook!

>

I wanted them dead that Nov 5 u_u lol