Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for bulk storage
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for bulk storage

My current provider is closing due to various reasons on their side so I am looking for a large amount of storage space (4TB+ min) that my program can spit out tons of xml files to for long term storage and eventual mining by my other systems ideally this will be either a VPS or a mountable drive with a white-listed IP address the drive speed does not need to be anything amazing but I would require a 100mbps port. This will not need to do any data validation or mining it's self

Comments

• bersybersy Member
    edited November 2015

Any thougths on budget and location?

• Budget and location would be a great start. I have a few dedi storage deals that are quite good at the moment ;)

• @MarkTurner might be able to help.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • MarkTurnerMarkTurner Member
    edited November 2015

Two ways we could handle it:

1. Object Storage - just generate the XML and post it to the store, this is quite an easy solution. ObjSpace heads all have 10GE uplinks, you can get a free trial here: 100GB Object Storage - S3 Compatible - Full HA $2.50/month First month free Coupon 1HD16WH7JS

2. HA StorageVPS - you know how that works, 4TB isn't cheap because its full HA but wait for Black Friday and you'll see some aggressive offers on it. If you need a trial let me know and I'll try to arrange one for you.

• @MarkTurner I will need to look at the S3 API for the storage as I don't control the data mining software only the input is mine how much would the storage VPS be?

• Tythus said: I will need to look at the S3 API for the storage as I don't control the data mining software only the input is mine how much would the storage VPS be?

You could get them onto the object storage using Fuse based (not pleasant) S3FS, you could use something like rclone to just push them off, so generate and then cron or similar to push the files upto the object storage, delete old files.

PM'ing you some more info

• Transip big storage: 10eu per 2TB netto you can mount in a vps