Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good free malware/malicious script scanner
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Good free malware/malicious script scanner

I have just changed my shared hosting provider recently for a few of my abandoned sites and as soon as I uploaded the files via FTP I was warned that there were malicious scripts running.

The hosting provider was kind enough to provide me with the exact script that triggered the issue however I am worried that there might be more files that are being infected and would like to do a scan myself to make sure things are OK.

Is there any good free/generic malware/malicious script scanner that I could run which would help me with the tasks? I tried Sucuri Scanner but even with the malicious file uploaded to the root directory of the domain Sucuri didn't complain about my site at all. As these sites are based on different platform (Wordpress/Wiki/Vanilla among a few), a simple Wordpress plugin won't cut.

Comments