Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Questions about dedicated server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Questions about dedicated server

Hello, I'm planning on buying the OVH dedicated with this specs
2 X Intel Xeon E5-2630v3 128 gb ram 2x480gb ssd
I will install proxmox and buy 64 ipv4 to run at last 60 windows vps
Will it run well? I will use the windows vps for running Firefox with some traffic exchanger

Comments

• deployvmdeployvm Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2015

It could be a possible setup, and CPU is quite reasonable.
    How resource intensive (in terms of CPU usage) is your 'traffic exchanger'?
    What version of Windows will be installed (Server 2012, 2008 or consumer OS)?

Are you going to use any RAID with your SSDs or you will run them independently, with individual volume groups?

Having dual E5 Octo-Core Haswell CPUs should mostly certain handle the required load and run a sizeable amount of virtual machines.

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

what a waste of ipv4 and electricity....

ontopic.. it should run ok, but you need to put SSD in RAID-0

• @exception0x876 said:
    what a waste of ipv4 and electricity....

ontopic.. it should run ok, but you need to put SSD in RAID-0

Not waste of its paid. And profitable...

@deployvm said:
    It could be a possible setup, and CPU is quite reasonable.
    How resource intensive (in terms of CPU usage) is your 'traffic exchanger'?
    What version of Windows will be installed (Server 2012, 2008 or consumer OS)?

Are you going to use any RAID with your SSDs or you will run them independently, with individual volume groups?

Having dual E5 Octo-Core Haswell CPUs should mostly certain handle the required load and run a sizeable amount of virtual machines.

Dont know exactly but i think its pretty intense with CPU usage, The windows OS im thinking about Server 2008, as i think it will need less resources to run.

Also im planning run all that servers on proxmox ve

• Lindernman said: Not waste of its paid. And profitable...

Profitable or not, defrauding advertisers is not a productive use of energy.

• It looks like a feasible idea, in theory they should be able to run ok, but spikes could cause some problems. Would love to hear how it all went if you'd like to share. But in my opinion it looks pretty do-able so go at it, good luck

• If it's for anything remotely I/O intensive use RAID 0 and make use of OVH's cheap backup service. Hitleap?

Are you related to @lewissue?