Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2GB RAM VPS for ideally around $12/y - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

2GB RAM VPS for ideally around $12/y

13»

Comments

• ad0ad0 Member
    edited November 2015

@TheOnlyDK said:

Honestly, if you can get suspended by @AnthonySmith, then you can get suspended by just any provider. Obviously it's your fault if so most of your providers suspended you for some reason.

Overselling doesn't mean overloading. Some providers provide a large amount of ram just because they can. Using those resources allocated to your is definitely not the reason for suspension, unless if you were abusing.

What does LES have to do with this tread? i do not get suspended by any host because i buy the right ones i know how tough a $1/Month server is. You can assume all you want that i am the fraudster.

@TheOnlyDK said:

Using those resources allocated to your is definitely not the reason for suspension, unless if you were abusing.

abusing? huh it just my experience view with it to the people.

• @ad0 said:

Just sayin. It could be your problem instead of the host, and your biased opinion could lead some others into hell (or heaven?? who cares).

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

ad0 said: i do not get suspended by any host

Just found the context for this ^^

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1376039/#Comment_1376039

In the last 3 months I have had to suspend or terminate around 5 people from LES which is a drop in the ocean as 99.9% of the users don't take the piss, all due to running tor, torrenting or insane load, I don't remove people for nothing.

If you would care to provide some sort of identifying number such as an invoice number I will be happy to look in to it if you feel none of the above apply to you, happy to do it via PM also.

Thanked by 1TheOnlyDK

on topic @Roadie don't buy a 2GB VPS for $12 p/year, you wont keep it a year because the host will go bust.

Thanked by 1netomx

just a follow up, @ad0 has provided nothing so the above probably applies.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

Ordered a Free DNS Plan on HostingBox then, added Fund of $12 & they doubled it to make it total of $24 & with that I bought a 2 GB Ram VPS ! ^_^ Too Awesome way :P

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

Not sure why all the negativity. Is $15/yr close enough? We just posted our Cyber Monday deals.

• tenperatenpera Member
    edited November 2015

Where?

VirMach said: We just posted our Cyber Monday deals.

• @DalComp said:
    emtecro DreamCaster

> root@ubuntu:~# dd if=/dev/urandom of=test bs=64k count=10000; sync;
    > 10000+0 records in
    > 10000+0 records out
    > 655360000 bytes (655 MB) copied, 149.08 s, 4.4 MB/s
    > 

Just want to pinpoint that use random generator is NOT a sane method to test the I/O, the bottleneck is in the CPU, not disk:

❯ sudo dd if=/dev/urandom of=test bs=64k count=10000; sync;
    10000+0 records in
    10000+0 records out
    655360000 bytes (655 MB) copied, 66.3689 s, 9.9 MB/s

❯ sudo dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=10000; sync;
    10000+0 records in
    10000+0 records out
    655360000 bytes (655 MB) copied, 0.66128 s, 991 MB/s

edited November 2015

tenpera said: Where?

We posted it on WHT, leads to our special offers page here

Thanked by 1tenpera
  • @VirMach said:
    We posted it on WHT, leads to our special offers page here

Any 4GB OVZ offer?

Junkless said: Any 4GB OVZ offer?

We have an 8GB offer from last week on LET @ $6/mo, but no 4GB plan for OVZ.

• @VirMach said:

Damn.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

any tl;dr version?

• @VirMach said:

Will it be possible to split the 8GB in two ?

Junkless said: Will it be possible to split the 8GB in two ?

No, sorry. We also do not have an OVZ plan that's 4GB. We upgraded the 4GB plan to 8GB at same pricing.

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

vimalware said: Some apps that require large amounts of RAM like Gitlab, javaapps don't play predictably nice with OpenVZ

(the only virt tech, any provider would be crazy enough to make an offer @ your price)

I don't believe that this has been a problem since the introduction of vSwap.