Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

List of Windows Hosting sales max 100$/yr with 6GB DDR3 RAM (low traffic ok, but responsive)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

List of Windows Hosting sales max 100$/yr with 6GB DDR3 RAM (low traffic ok, but responsive)

DrewDrew Member
edited November 2015 in Requests

I am collecting a list here for windows hosting, looking to scale up gradually (i.e. buy more packages 4 or so).

Its a password protected site with low traffic site, but the application users need to feel it as a responsive web application, only 30 to 60 concurrent users.

has to have

1. Maximum price 100$
  2. 6GB DDR3 Memory
  3. New'er' processor, please disclose for threading
  4. Windows 2012 R2 and above with MS SQL Server (or allow us to install our own Images)
  5. Disclose how much CPU allocation / usage
  6. SSD drive upto 80GB min
  7. DDos Protection nice to have
  8. SLA 99.9 uptime, this is important!!
  9. Backups, how often

Comments

• location ?

• @cociu said:
    location ?

US

• simonindiasimonindia Member
    edited November 2015

@drew $100/year or month
    Edit sry just read you topic header

• it's hardly possible

• 6GB RAM for $100/year??

• Good luck with that.

• EvolutionHostEvolutionHost Member, Host Rep

We can offer that for €170/year.

Thanked by 1Drew
  • EvolutionHost said: We can offer that for €170/year.

Who gives a shit? Read OP's request over, please!

• If you can deal with HDD might be able to help

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

We might be able to offer you one of these plans, but if you're looking up to scale up, it will cost more. You would have 2 E5 vCores @ 2.1GHz, 6GB DDR3 RAM, 80GB RAID 10 SSD, Windows 2012 R2 licensed and you can install SQL, DDoS Protection, no backups, located with ColoCrossing in Buffalo. CPU would only be fair usage / burst. If you plan on using 100% CPU all the time, we cannot offer you it at this price. If you plan on scaling up after the first VPS, the realistic price for this plan is $165 per year minimum.

If you're interested make a ticket and link this post so we can custom create your plan.

Thanked by 1Drew
  • Good luck with that price.

• @Drew said:

I am collecting a list here for windows hosting, looking to scale up gradually (i.e. buy more packages 4 or so).

Its a password protected site with low traffic site, but the application users need to feel it as a responsive web application, only 30 to 60 concurrent users.

has to have

1. Maximum price 100$
    2. 6GB DDR3 Memory
    3. New'er' processor, please disclose for threading
    4. Windows 2012 R2 and above with MS SQL Server (or allow us to install our own Images)
    5. Disclose how much CPU allocation / usage
    6. SSD drive upto 80GB min
    7. DDos Protection nice to have
    8. SLA 99.9 uptime, this is important!!
    9. Backups, how often

For that price, SLA is way unreasonable. Also, are you bringing your own license for this server or is it supposed to be provided by the provider?

• gianggiang Veteran
    edited November 2015

I see that VPEasy (FiberHub) is offering:

• 8192 MB RAM

• 8 CPU Cores

• 100 GB SSD Disk

• 8 TB Transfer

• KVM

For $88 USD/year, and you can even get 20% of first year with coupon FirstYear.

Thanked by 2Drew black
  • Does this include the Windows license (or just illegal :) )

• I cna bring my own license,

@doghouch said:
    For that price, SLA is way unreasonable. Also, are you bringing your own license for this server or is it supposed to be provided by the provider?

• then it illegal according to the Microsoft agreement

• microsoft isn't the law.

simonindia said: then it illegal according to the Microsoft agreement

1. This is great, I forwarded link to my 2 customers. For yearly renewals will the price stay the same.
    2. Are they resellers?
    3. If I wanted to take another, wondering how well it would perform as virtual desktop for development.
    4. While looking at the HW specs, clicking on homepage takes me to https://www.ultravps.com/ is this the same,
    5. there is no list of the actual hardware on the VPSEasy site

The main thing about us, us we are not gamers, just small retails shops like a website for city to fill in tickets etc. We don't flood the network. At present we have some at Gearhost (scaling is too expensive) and CAC keeps powering us down because they don't see enough traffic/use. I really wish there was a bigger more competitive hosting market for us, indie web developers. I build and sell the web applications for others, so I am always hunting for the right hosting provider.

@giang said:
    I see that VPEasy (FiberHub) is offering:

• 8192 MB RAM

• 8 CPU Cores

• 100 GB SSD Disk

• 8 TB Transfer

• KVM

For $88 USD/year, and you can even get 20% of first year with coupon FirstYear.

• gianggiang Veteran
    edited November 2015

UltraVPS.com, VPEasy are FiberHub, VersaWeb, they got their datacenter so I think we don't have to worry.

As for spec, I got 2 VPS with UltraVPS, they are running Xeon E5-1660v3 and DDR4.

I just see their new offer on WHT with 30% off for VPeasy with coupon BlackFriday2015, so it will be $61 USD for the first year and $88 USD for the next year, still lower than your $100 USD budget :D

The only thing you should know that their support is super bad, my simple request took they 6 days to respone (I got 2 VPS on same node, and I would like to move 1 to another.)

Thanked by 1Drew
  • @tommy said:
    digitalocean!!!

Well, all information on that website are FAKE lol. I didn't even look at the picture :D

• Looks like you need to cancel prior to 5 days before the end of the contract with VP Easy (Versaweb) to avoid a rebill. I'd link to their T.O.S. but it's 404.

Thanked by 1Drew
  • We tried the purchase link yesterday, they dont even have an IP address or control panel, which means I have buy another one??

I am not sure how easy this is going to be.

@giang said:
    UltraVPS.com, VPEasy are FiberHub, VersaWeb, they got their datacenter so I think we don't have to worry.

As for spec, I got 2 VPS with UltraVPS, they are running Xeon E5-1660v3 and DDR4.

I just see their new offer on WHT with 30% off for VPeasy with coupon BlackFriday2015, so it will be $61 USD for the first year and $88 USD for the next year, still lower than your $100 USD budget :D

The only thing you should know that their support is super bad, my simple request took they 6 days to respone (I got 2 VPS on same node, and I would like to move 1 to another.)

• @boxelder said:
    Looks like you need to cancel prior to 5 days before the end of the contract with VP Easy (Versaweb) to avoid a rebill. I'd link to their T.O.S. but it's 404.

Me too, been waiting to see what they have, and if 30 days money back guarantee... that would be better.