Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Xen HVM, Virtio Drivers and Windows 10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Xen HVM, Virtio Drivers and Windows 10

RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran
edited November 2015 in Help

Hi guys. Can you recommend me Virtio Drivers Version(if any) for Windows 10, which will be running on a Xen HVM instance(At home, for testing)? Also, how do I slipstream them into it?

Comments

• BlazeMuisBlazeMuis Member
    edited November 2015

Easy, just download the latest Virtio Drivers right here: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Windows_Virtio_Drivers (scroll to "Direct download")

Then extract the Windows ISO and copy & paste the Virtio folder into the folder you just extracted your Windows ISO to. Use imgburn or something like that to create a bootable iso again.

Thanked by 1Radi
  • TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited November 2015

quanlyvps said: {snipped} buy and download. copy into hvm

please stop posting links to illegal stuff.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran
    edited November 2015

@joodle said:
    Easy, just download the latest Virtio Drivers right here: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Windows_Virtio_Drivers (scroll to "Direct download")

Then extract the Windows ISO and copy & paste the Virtio folder into the folder you just extracted your Windows ISO to. Use imgburn or something like that to create a bootable iso again.

This worked perfectly, thank you! :) Thread can be closed.

Thanked by 2BlazeMuis GM2015
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

TarZZ92 said: please stop posting links to illegal stuff.

Looks like the link says virtio drivers for Windows 10. Is it illegal to sell that? Honestly asking, I don't know.

Shitty to sell it, I can say that for sure.

• teknolaizteknolaiz Member
    edited November 2015

@jarland said:
    Shitty to sell it, I can say that for sure.

The question is: Did Microsoft allow them (QuanlyVPS) to a) modify their ISOs for private/commercial use, b) sell these modified ISOs (the commercial use) and also kinda of c) sell their products at all in any kind of matter?

I have some doubts. Whatever they do is against Microsoft's EULA and probably breaks even more things Microsoft has. Perhaps even laws.

On the other hand: Who cares? Microsoft and their shitty new crap... Getting worse and worse with everything they release. What was the last good thing? Windows 7 or something? I don't know to be honest.

I'm in a fucked up position right now. Thinking about what to do. What to use. What would be the best. But as long as you are connected to the Internet nothing is really good, secure and the best. I've been running against the wall for weeks figuring out what to do.

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited November 2015

jarland said: Looks like the link says virtio drivers for Windows 10. Is it illegal to sell that? Honestly asking, I don't know.

i believe the windows image is included (hence the illegal bit) this guy was previously giving links to windows iso's he prepared.

Thanked by 1jar
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Thanks. Fixed. I cut the URL from the quote too so they don't get any advertisement here.

• This website breaks every terms set by DO @jarland google and Microsoft