Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HTTP Zoom sold and turned into a scam operation - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HTTP Zoom sold and turned into a scam operation

2»

Comments

• Anna_Parker said: 15:14:57 up 413 days, 3:33, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

I seriously hope this is not OVZ - it would mean they did not patch at least 1 remote exploitable break-out and a bunch of other security holes.

As KVM it would mean qemu 1.* which has many bugs plus some exploits as well.

Uptime does not indicate shit all about quality and can actually mean the exact opposite.

5 days turnaround for a first reply, even in billing, is absolutely unacceptable. If you continue to use this provider you are asking for trouble and it is your own fault, don't come complain to LET then when it goes down finally, i'll just remind you of this thread and laugh at your loss.

Thanked by 5vpsGOD Nyr Shade bersy lazyt
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

William said: I seriously hope this is not OVZ - it would mean they did not patch at least 1 remote exploitable break-out and a bunch of other security holes.

Indeed, this is OVZ.

Wasn't patching via KernelKare/Ksplice/etc an option for the latest vulns? I know they are a bit slow, but still...

• Nyr said: Wasn't patching via KernelKare/Ksplice/etc an option for the latest vulns? I know they are a bit slow, but still...

Yes, for some/most. This is too old to not have required at least one reboot, even with kcare.

Thanked by 1Nyr
  • ValdikSSValdikSS Member
    edited November 2015

@William yes, the kernel is the issue. They're still running 2.6.32-042stab093.5, a very old kernel version, I asked them if they have nodes with newer kernel with namespaces working but got no reply and my ticket got closed without any notification by email. I re-opened it and mailed to [email protected]. The ticket has been created November 16. By the way, I didn't have any problems with the payments.

It's a shame what happened to httpzoom since it is/was a very stable provider without any real issues and with very decent price.

• It seems they're alive again. Got my ticket replied reasonably fast.

I've had no reply to my PayPal dispute yet and 3 overdue notices for the invoice I paid :)

Thanked by 1zafouhar
  • The impression I get is the servers are fine, but if you need to speak to anyone about anything, be disappointed.

Just a quick update to finish this: I've just got a full refund from PayPal. Seller didn't ever respond to the dispute.

Thanked by 3GM2015 bersy netomx
  • Got one of my VPS suspended with DMCA copyright infringement message on 14 December. VPS is still suspended and replies from HTTPZoom are very slow.