Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bad news for people from China - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Bad news for people from China

2»

Comments

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited December 2012

It was exactly the irony tag that I was missing.

• If anyone in China needs some help with gaining access to Tor (bridges, packages, etc) feel free to PM me, or if you prefer, email me.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@gsrdgrdghd said: Somone has to make rules.

@miTgiB said: Bad people do bad things, and until stealing, killing and other harmful things done by people ends, there needs to some order.

I am not going into an in-depth discussion of this topic in this thread, but it's probably a bad idea to assume that a certain "solution" (making and enforcing rules) is the only existing solution to a problem, without even thinking about alternative solutions.

• @joepie91 said: I am not going into an in-depth discussion of this topic in this thread, but it's probably a bad idea to assume that a certain "solution" (making and enforcing rules) is the only existing solution to a problem, without even thinking about alternative solutions.

I did not propose any solution, only stating some order is needed. I do not know what is a better solution, but locking people up is clearly not it, at least without making them more violent. Humans do not seem to understand humans enough and how to alter behavior as violence is still a common behavior. But to assume I assumed something is making too many assumptions...

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited December 2012

I think squid should still work ? Over https...
    I mean, they can only see that you connect to the same IP always and do a lot of traffic over https. If they will block this based on the amount of traffic to some IP, then nothing will work, at least not for long.
    I hope Tor will adapt somehow.
    One other thing to use would be IPv6. I wonder if they will block access to ipv6 tunnels, in case the government will ban ipv6 for residential connections.
    There is only one effective way to block this, total separation except for business links and those will be closely monitored.
    Fortunately they cannot block internet altogether, as long as this is possible and satellite links will not be jammed, there will be a way, but will be difficult.

• They are using a learn and block technique. The VPN connection will probably work for the first day until they notice you are running a VPN protocol, after their DPI notices this they block the port. At this time they do not block access to the entire IP (At least through our current testing). This is not the end of VPN access in China...

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Looking like VNC is the answer or are they seriously going to try to block that too?

no machine also, rdp, i would go with something which is well encrypted and well secured. VNC out of the box is not suiting my taste regarding security.

• I think this is a time where protocol for VPN needs to be customized, lol. So you can make some strange patterns or noise which can really makes the pattern recognition to not work at all.

• I think VNC and RDP must have been already blocked. VPN access is far more advanced than that.

• FRESH_DOMAINSFRESH_DOMAINS Member
    edited December 2012

Otherwise @URPAD offer for Win512 VPS would made all chinese happy !! Chinese sales ! Yup Yup !

edited December 2012

Tor project had some plans regarding padding and stuff.
    There might be a time to switch to other means like freenet. That is distributed and cant be blocked as it uses random ports over UDP and traffic is super obfuscated.
    Just offer exits from it and things are solved.
    Or give Tor a similar capability.

• I think a torrent based internet surfing shall be the best.