Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you a provider? If so do you offer IPv6? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Are you a provider? If so do you offer IPv6?

2»

Comments

• @GM2015 said:
    I don't remember amazon aws having ipv6, just an example.

If that's true, why take them seriously? IPv6 has been around for 17 years now. You'd think that would have been enough time to prepare for it, right?

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

mpkossen said: Anybody that calls itself a dedi/VPS provider while not offering IPv6 should not be taken seriously anymore.

So does that apply to Colocrossing?

• GM2015 said: I don't remember amazon aws having ipv6, just an example.

AWS has IPv6, it is just not available for normal customers - You need enterprise support and some other things for that. Or you can run your outbound network by Direct Connect and of course use your own IPv4/IPv6 space.

Thanked by 2GM2015 vimalware
  • GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited November 2015

There's likely no money in it for amazon as of now.

mpkossen said: If that's true, why take them seriously? IPv6 has been around for 17 years now. You'd think that would have been enough time to prepare for it, right?

Didn't know that. thanks.

AWS has IPv6, it is just not available for normal customers - You need enterprise support and some other things for that

• mpkossenmpkossen Member
    edited November 2015

@PieNotEvenEaten said:
    So does that apply to Colocrossing?

Of course.

I don't host anything with any provider that's with them solely based on the fact they don't support IPv6. It's a hard requirement for me.

• Colocrossing has a single /48 as of current. Don't know if it is in use though.

https://www.enjen.net/asn-blocklist/index.php?asn=36352&type=iplist

• Yes. We have offered native IPv6 on all VPS services for years.

Thanked by 1Mun
  • Dear providers. Pls assign a /64 to each VPS, or at least IPs from a separate /64 to each VPS. Thx.

• @Mun said:
    Colocrossing has a single /48 as of current. Don't know if it is in use though.

I have that on my home connection.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • jenokjenok Member, Host Rep

We did, even on our Taiwan VPS :D but just 5 IPv6 per vps.

Thanked by 1Mun