Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need VPS with good tcp-based DDoS Protection for game-server in Europe
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need VPS with good tcp-based DDoS Protection for game-server in Europe

desperanddesperand Member
edited November 2015 in Requests

Budget: 30$

Problem: game-server & tcp.

My Game-server do not use UDP.

Planning to make gre tunnel to the main game-server from ddos-protected one.

Please, do not suggest to me next operators:

Online.net, OVH, BlazingFast, Ramnode, Vultr, x4b

I like France & NL.

Comments

• desperand said: I really want to try BuyVM, but it's out of stock in Luxemburg ..... sob

I ordered a VPS in Luxembourg from BuyVM yesterday and it was not out of stock. Maybe ask @Francisco when to expect a restock.

• desperanddesperand Member
    edited November 2015

@rds100 said:

wew, checked yesterday, but today seems like in stock, let me buy first.
    I hope, the @Francisco will save my ass, because it's last hope (except x4b)

• desperand said: I really want to try BuyVM, but it's out of stock in Luxemburg ..... sob

BuyVM is very bad, don't go with BuyVM. They will have packet loss and then they will write you that they fix it soon and 24 hours later they will still have packet loss.

Thanked by 1desperand
  • donglong said: BuyVM is very bad, don't go with BuyVM. They will have packet loss and then they will write you that they fix it soon and 24 hours later they will still have packet loss.

Let me guess, you expected packet loss from Deutsche Telekom or Liberty Global to their LU location?

• @Frecyboy said:
    Let me guess, you expected packet loss from Deutsche Telekom or Liberty Global to their LU location?

No, everyone always had packet loss. BuyVM also multiple times admited to problems but it always takes them weeks or days to fix them.

• donglong said: No, everyone always had packet loss. BuyVM also multiple times admited to problems but it always takes them weeks or days to fix them.

That sound unusual... @Francisco

• @donglong said:
    No, everyone always had packet loss. BuyVM also multiple times admited to problems but it always takes them weeks or days to fix them.

Can you send any mtr to buyvm ddos protected IP from any of your problematic client/player? Let me check... That is important...

• @desperand said:
    Can you send any mtr to buyvm ddos protected IP from any of your problematic client/player? Let me check... That is important...

I am not a client anymore. I don't stay with providers with constant problems.

• hostem.pl :) recomended

• @donglong said:
    BuyVM is very bad, don't go with BuyVM. They will have packet loss and then they will write you that they fix it soon and 24 hours later they will still have packet loss.

@Francisco shed some light please.

• bersybersy Member
    edited November 2015

HostHatch (aff) have DDoS protection (Staminus I guess) in NL. GinerNet (ES) and HostEasy (MD) use Voxility.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

I'm not sure, maybe Teamspeak or someone has a funny proxy setup?

I got a couple people with open tickets but one is someone breaking their config and one is some funny ping readings on minecraft, that's about it.

Francisco

• teknolaizteknolaiz Member
    edited November 2015

@Francisco said:

So donglong dude is basically lying or making something up? First I had the feeling he mixed BuyVM up with BlueVM and their totally wrecked Swiss (or was it Austria?) node.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

It's possible he has/had a legit issue. It's possible their issue was in Luxembourg where we had a hardware issue with GRE tunnels. There was 3 - 5% packetloss at times for what looks to be a hardware defect.

That happened in LU, NJ/LV have been kosher.

I'll drop them a PM and see if they're willing to shed some light :)

Francisco

Thanked by 1teknolaiz
  • exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

If all of those providers (Online.net, OVH, BlazingFast, Ramnode, Vultr, x4b) failed for you, then maybe it is not really theirs fault, but rather an attacker targeting your game server software vulnerabilities.

• LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep

I'd reccomend NFO - but last time I checked they don't allow things like reverse proxies/tunnels.

• I perhaps have something in London that might fit your need pretty good TCP protection. What server specs do you need?

• desperanddesperand Member
    edited November 2015

@exception0x876 said:
    If all of those providers (Online.net, OVH, BlazingFast, Ramnode, Vultr, x4b) failed for you, then maybe it is not really theirs fault, but rather an attacker targeting your game server software vulnerabilities.

online.net - mediocre protection for stupid not high volume flood, any kid can generate more then 30Gbit/s and down them easly...

OVH - very good, all what i need, but tcp-ack flood or internal network ddos attacks push it down + a lot of fails with vac at last time at their side.

BlazingFast - using Voxility, and do not known about them anything how they filter it. Got few attacks in past, but not really satisfied, because Voxility have always different packet-loss.

Ramnode - always have different network connection issues with DDoS protected IP, only 20 Gbit/s

Vultr - only 10Gbit/s

x4b - this guys is my hope, have good experience with them, but 40$ for europe a little bit expensive for me right now.