Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Front Range Hosting - SantaVPS is Here and His Elves Are 40% Off for Life From 1.20mo! SSD Cached
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Front Range Hosting - SantaVPS is Here and His Elves Are 40% Off for Life From 1.20mo! SSD Cached

FRCoreyFRCorey Member
edited December 2012 in Offers

Merry Christmas These Specials are good until Jan 2nd!

Warning Wall of Deals Below Featuring our new SSD Cached KVM servers, and SSD Cached VPS Servers.

Front Range Hosting is a VPS hosting company based in Colorado Springs Colorado
Our VPS Servers are Supermicro Built with Xeon E5 Series Processors
Our VPS Servers utilize LSI CacheCade SSD Acceleration, disk space with the speed of SSD's!
Our network, power, and HVAC is fully redundant, and our servers are hosted in a secure datacenter in Downtown Colorado Springs Colorado

Pricing on 9 plans below are inclusive of the HOHOHO code. All plans on our website qualify with this code HOHOHO

Memory Format is as follows: Dedicated/Burst/vSwap

REMEMBER! Prices are discounted after you click "Add to Cart"

OpenVZ Plans

128M/256M/128M 5G Disk 250G Xfer 1.20/mo Direct Code Link!

256M/512M/256M 10G Disk 500G Xfer 2.40/mo With Code LEB50 Direct Code Link!

384M/768M/384M 15G Disk 750G Xfer 3.60/mo With Code LEB50 Direct Code Link!

512M/1024M/512M 20G Disk 1TB Xfer 4.80/mo With Code LEB50 Direct Code Link!

Larger OpenVZ Plans Available All plans are 40% off with HOHOHO and you can upgrade anytime and keep your discount!

KVM Plans D Plans Have Increased Disk Space for a larger price
LET Only KVM-256D 256MB RAM 15GB SSD Cached Disk 256GB Transfer 3.60/mo with HOHOHO Direct Code Link!
KVM-384 384MB RAM 7GB SSD Cached Disk 750GB Transfer 2.25/mo with HOHOHO Direct Code Link!
KVM-384D 384MB RAM, 22GB SSD Cached Disk 384GB Transfer 5.40/mo with HOHOHO Direct Code Link!
KVM-512 512MB RAM, 10GB SSD Cached Disk, 1TB Transfer 3.00/mo with HOHOHO Direct Code Link!
KVM-1024 1024MB RAM, 20GB SSD Cached Disk, 2TB Transfer 6.00/mo with HOHOHO Direct Code Link!

We also offer Server Monitoring with checks from 3 US locations keep an eye on your servers with us or anywhere else!
You can see the Server Monitoring Plans at http://www.frontrangehosting.com/wh/cart.php?gid=12

All Plans Feature
24x7x365.25 Support, were even here for leap seconds!
SSD Accelerated Nodes
Gigabit Nodes
OpenVZ with SolusVM Management Console
KVM Offering Later This Month!
Native IPv6
Fast 24 Core Intel Xeon Nodes
4 vCPU Default 6vCPU on 2GB Plans and up
ASN 54856/We Own our OWN IP Addresses!
Free DNS Management
Colorado Registered Business in Good Standing
Verisign Trusted & Tested Daily!
EV SSL Protected Shopping Cart, Accept Credit Cards, Paypal, 2 Checkout, and Amazon Checkout

Denver TestIP 198.147.20.15 (http://testden.frontrangehosting.com/test100m.dat)

Comments

• What's your network provider upstream mix? Seeing all Cogent from limited testing I just did...

• ChrisKChrisK Member
    edited December 2012

Same, seeing Cogent
    Makes sense: http://bgp.he.net/AS54856

• I use that HE tool, often.

Never was sure if it was truly indicative of the upstream mix. Sometimes I ask. A single homed network, that's a tad risky...

I take it Data 102 is the colo location this is in and they have these folks and being used as failover?

AS3356 Level 3 Communications, Inc.
    AS6939 Hurricane Electric, Inc.
    AS174 Cogent Communications
    AS4323 tw telecom holdings, inc.

• SSD Speeds? My VM was performing at ~100MB/s -- Advice?

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited December 2012

@eastonch said: SSD Speeds? My VM was performing at ~100MB/s -- Advice?

SSD is not about MB/s

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited December 2012

Wait wait wait...

So @FRCorey, are you saying I can purchase one of Santa's elves for 40% off? Can I get my own Elves Toy Making Factory? If I can, put me in for an order of ten.

Going back on subject.

Front Range Hosting is an awesome company. I have two VPSes with them and they're awesome. You're awesome.

• @eastonch,

100MB/s isn't stellar, but better than many VPS providers disk speeds.

Unsure if they have IO limited or if node is busy.

SSD is indeed about MB/s, both on read and write side as well as general latency. IOPs are the other selling point of SSDs. Isn't much else to differentiate on in the SSD market.

• Cogent is the primary upstream but some traffic will go through Data 102 to Level3, TWTelecom, and HE, were working on a second primary upstream sometime next month.

• These nodes are SSD Cached, that means the most requested data on the HDD's gets moved onto the SSD's. DD tests will only ever hit the HDD's because it's sequential IO and it's write, were not caching writes because they're usually less than what's being read at any given time.

• @FRCorey alright.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited December 2012

I can say that I gave @FRCorey a hard time about the single homed network in one of his previous posts. However, I still took a chance and got a KVM vps with them. The hardware is stable and quick and surprisingly for being mostly cogent connectivity the routes are not hateful at all. I have been using the vps as a VPN server actively for my cell phone (and I live on the east coast of the US). I traveled to Mexico the week I had purchased the vps and used the vpn from Mexico to improve my latency so I could make VOIP phone calls on the hotels poor internet connectivity (~220ms latency to all US without the VPN, ~180ms after). It worked great and I had no problems at all with connectivity or the server.

Even more interesting is I had originally setup my vps on Stylexnetworks to be used for this purpose, but after a day of using it they decided that they would completely (randomly, and without telling me) limit (more so block) all UDP incoming to my server and rendered my vpn useless for the duration of my trip. Before anyone asks or comes to defend, I never bothered to put in a ticket cause I had already setup my vps with Front Range as back-up and couldn't be bothered with tickets while I was traveling.

All that being said, I am not usually one to give a rave review, but in this case I think @FRCorey is earning his keep and you are getting what you are paying for. So I would urge people to give him a chance and take advantage of his holiday deals. It sounds like things are only going to get better.

• Gateway Module 'tco' is Missing

can you fix this? cant order

• Sec was moving unused modules

• ah 2checkout tco.php

Go figure :/

• what is the price of a KVM 512D?

• All KVM price plans are here https://www.frontrangehosting.com/wh/cart.php?gid=11

Discount still applies just use HOHOHO when checking out when asked for code.

• BlazeMuisBlazeMuis Member
    edited December 2012

Already got a VPS there, getting another one for an SMTP server :)

• How many kvm nodes do you own now?

• 2, one new one on the way first week of Jan, new build as well, same CPU's but were trying different SSD options, went from Intel 520's to Samsung 840 Pro's for the cachecade array.

• The Breck and Pike :)

• Got one, and buy one again.

• So if I buy two, can you put my VPS on diffrent node each other?

• Yes, but the 2nd one I'll have to destroy and recreate on the 2nd node if they end up on the same node.

• @cnzhhi said: So if I buy two, can you put my VPS on diffrent node each other?

Yes

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@FRCorey - any issues with the 840 Pros in CacheCade?

• I've opened up some KVM stock for those looking, order but let me apply the discount before you pay. Just be aware I do sleep sometime :) so if it's not after 9am mountain time I'm probably still asleep or on my way in.