Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hostbill issues
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hostbill issues

edited December 2012 in General

Already have a ticket open on this; however it has now stalled and been added as an internal issue which is being investigated with no time frame.

Anyone have any idea what might be causing this behaviour on a fresh Hostbill installation?

http://77.235.62.212/index.php?/cart/openvz-vps/&step=0

Comments

• Don't use HostBill and get a refund is my advice at the moment. Management have been messing me around for about 4 months at least.

• @LV_Matt said: Don't use HostBill and get a refund is my advice at the moment. Management have been messing me around for about 4 months at least.

You've always sung high praises before. Have things turned sour?

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

@LV_Matt - you leaving HostBill?

• LV_MattLV_Matt Member
    edited December 2012

@ShardHost said: You've always sung high praises before. Have things turned sour?

Indeed they have, someone who has spent over $1k on things regarding HostBill is rather pissed off right now.

@dominicl said: @LV_Matt - you leaving HostBill?

There has been a few times that I have considered this in the past where issues where resolved, but this time the issue hasn't been resolved, so we are looking in dept to other solutions.

@LV_Matt said: Indeed they have, someone who has spent over $1k on things regarding HostBill is rather pissed off right now.

Can certainly imagine you would be! I've heard a few say about the lack of support at HostBill recently.

@LV_Matt said: There has been a few times that I have considered this in the past where issues where resolved, but this time the issue hasn't been resolved, so we are looking in dept to other solutions.

Take a look at Blesta and WHMCS :) I'm sure you can customize one to your liking.

• @ShardHost looks like css is off?
    l

• @dominicl said: Take a look at Blesta and WHMCS :) I'm sure you can customize one to your liking.

I get WHMCS licenses dirt cheap, but I don't think that will be an option for me sadly, nor with Blesta. Either way which ever we move to, I have no doubt we will have to put a considerable amount of money into some custom development to improve things for us.

@LV_Matt said: I get WHMCS licenses dirt cheap, but I don't think that will be an option for me sadly, nor with Blesta. Either way which ever we move to, I have no doubt we will have to put a considerable amount of money into some custom development to improve things for us.

Yeah that's the problem with quite a few billing systems - the default layouts are shoddy. I would say look into Ubersmith, but due to their new pricing model that'll be out the window for you!

• LV_MattLV_Matt Member
    edited December 2012

@dominicl said: Yeah that's the problem with quite a few billing systems - the default layouts are shoddy. I would say look into Ubersmith, but due to their new pricing model that'll be out the window for you!

That would have been an option before the pricing increase, the hunt will go on. We nearly moved to Ubersmith about 6 months back, it had a good pricing model, SolusVM module had just been developed. Thank god we didn't though - it would have caused some issues down the line that's for sure.

• @LV_Matt said: I get WHMCS licenses dirt cheap, but I don't think that will be an option for me sadly, nor with Blesta. Either way which ever we move to, I have no doubt we will have to put a considerable amount of money into some custom development to improve things for us.

We're kind of in the same boat and thought hostbill was the solution. We can't go with a solution that will leave us high and dry on difficult support issues

• @curtisg said: @ShardHost looks like css is off?

We agree although we've changed nothing on the default install and hostbill appear stumped

30 days tech-support included

Therefore they should provide you with it. If they're not, I'd get a refund.

• @dominicl said: 30 days tech-support included

I don't want to misrepresent that they are offering support, it's just stalled on a simple post install issue. It does not give me high hopes for future more complex issues

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited December 2012

@dominicl said: 30 days tech-support included

They don't provide it though, they take weeks if not months to reply or add bugs to there "bugs list". Reason why I left for backup WHMCS as there are no equivalent billing systems with advanced module support.

It seems there more interested in creating dozen of bugged order styles then concentrate on other parts of the system

@Patrick said: They don't provide it though, they take weeks if not months to reply or add bugs to there "bugs list". Reason why I left for backup WHMCS as there are no equivalent billing systems with advanced module support.

Yeah, I've heard bad things.
    OP, get a refund and move to WHMCS or an equivalent system. At least WHMCS does provide support, within a reasonable timeframe

• @dominicl said: Yeah, I've heard bad things.

OP, get a refund and move to WHMCS or an equivalent system. At least WHMCS does provide support, within a reasonable timeframe

In the process of doing this now. In logging in to check the ticket status it reminded me of another that has been open days on a simple question. We can't base a core part of our business on something like this

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited December 2012

@ShardHost said: In the process of doing this now. In logging in to check the ticket status it reminded me of another that has been open days on a simple question. We can't base a core part of our business on something like this

They only issue a refund in first 30 days and if you have a problem with the script. We had 2-3 bug report tickets which were left unanswered for weeks along with 1-2 general support tickets regarding basic stuff to. It came to a point where I just didn't bother opening a ticket and look into it myself because they would probably never respond.

They did however unusually respond to the ticket where I requested a refund but didn't get it because of it being past "30 days", sold it over at WHT later. Now it appears they don't even allow license transfers.

• @Patrick said: They only issue a refund in first 30 days and if you have a problem with the script. We had 2-3 bug report tickets which were left unanswered for weeks along with 1-2 general support tickets regarding basic stuff to. It came to a point where I just didn't bother opening a ticket and look into it myself because they would probably never respond.

We are within the first 30 days and the broken order forms appear to be a valid reason.

Looks like the only other option is WHMCS, which opens a whole other load of issues

@ShardHost said: We are within the first 30 days and the broken order forms appear to be a valid reason.

Contact their billing and see what they say about a refund first ;)

• What issues have you had with HostBill?