Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

rclone now supports Hubic - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

rclone now supports Hubic

2»

Comments

• chrispchrisp Member
    edited November 2015

Kupol said: online.net's links to OVH are overloaded most of the time. This could cause slow speed to OVH from online.net.

I am backing things up from Online.net to Hubic on a regular basis and I saturate the full gigabit uplink with only one connection. It's crazy how fast it is.

Infinity580 said: Hubic is limited to 1MB/s, so 800kb/s is pretty close.

Definitely not true. Via API (hubicfuse) I get 114MByte/s. Uploaded almost 7TiB in the last 2 months.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • NihimNihim Member
    edited November 2015

Well the bad thing with the https is that the overhead (n = 4) is killing my weak ass cpu (via nano). Otherwise while using a lot of I/O for other stuff, for one file it reached an avg of 2.5MB/s

Something I just saw. Only the contents of default dir are visible when you are logged into the hubic web account? Any way to modify that?

• @Nihim said:
    Any way to modify that?

From what I read on the hubic forums, no you can't modify it. Though you can use SwiftExplorer to see other containers.

• @CFarence :
    Thanks rclone's ls will have to do. Atm I am stuck on how the hell do I remove a file from hubic. I don't see any remove option outside sync

• @Nihim said:
    CFarence :
    Thanks rclone's ls will have to do. Atm I am stuck on how the hell do I remove a file from hubic. I don't see any remove option outside sync

Yeah, I had the same issue, finally used SwiftExplorer to empty it out. I wish the web interface would let you change containers. It'll tell you usage on the account, but can't view it

• with rclone from NL using default n=4 got 50MB/s up & 60MB/s down

So the big problem is removing files and having to manually? refresh the token

• @Nihim said:
    CFarence :

To remove a file or dir, rclone purge <path> works for me.

Thanked by 3Nihim CFarence baran
  • @amhoab
    nice! I thought it didn't work when I tried it cause apparently lsd container is slow to update even though if you do ls container the file is removed.

• @Nihim said:
    amhoab
    nice! I thought it didn't work when I tried it cause apparently lsd container is slow to update even though if you do ls container the file is removed.

I've seen that before as well; the deletes seem to happen async, but I don't think that's an rclone thing, but just how Hubic/Swift work.

• yea it's hubic, can't blame the tool used. Seems to me though the file deletion is pretty fast, just container info is slow to update.

• Hmm. I've set this up and run my sync, and all appears well when I run rsync ls or rclone size. However, I can't see the sync data on the hubic web portal - should I be able to? I can see the rclone app registered in "my account->your applications."

• If you upload to anything but the default container, you won't see it in the UI. Which container did you upload to?

• Can't remember.

• @squibs said:
    Can't remember.

Then use something like Swift Explorer so see the other containers.

Thanked by 1squibs
  • @Bochi said:
    Then use something like Swift Explorer so see the other containers.

Nifty - ta!