Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for EasyEngine (rtlabs) users and reviews
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for EasyEngine (rtlabs) users and reviews

AmitzAmitz Member
edited November 2015 in Reviews

Dear all,

anyone here using EasyEngine by rtlabs
https://rtcamp.com/easyengine/
for a longer time and willing to give me some feedback on how good (or bad) it is?

I have already installed it on a test VM and the first impression is not bad at all. Even though I generally like to configure everything myself, I still sometimes look for a fast way to deploy a site. I would also expect that those guys know probably more about optimization than myself.

So what is your experience? Thanks for sharing!

Cheers,
-A

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I've run it for about 2 months. It's a really great stack. They're better at optimization than I am, I'm not unhappy to admit.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • I'm using it since 8 months, maybe..

Great LEMP stack for Debian lover and Centmin for Centos lover..

Great performance optimization, specially for WP+HHVM+Redis..

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • can it install to lowendspirit 128mb?

• I switched from Virtualmin to EE a couple months ago, and it has been an excellent change. I have had no issues with the configuration and everything has been working perfectly.

abangnoob said: can it install to lowendspirit 128mb?

I run 3 static HTML websites with very low traffic, and currently using about 16 MB of memory. EE does not require much.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • How well is the HHVM implementation working, if I may ask? Did someone try that? @Ndha?

• mohsenghammohsengham Member
    edited November 2015

WordPress users can call EE "Daddy"

Daddy, please install the stack!

Daddy, WP it!

Daddy, Cache Plugins!

Daddy, HHVM please!

Daddy, PageSpeed please!

A kind daddy who can save you money and server resources.

Thanked by 2Junkless Amitz
  • I've been using it since like April, it's working really great. Running several production websites using it, but upgrading it may be a bit wonky.

I always do full snapshost of my VPS' (Dediserve) before I upgrade my system.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • Been using it in production for ~a year and a half. There were some issues on past releases making it impossible to upgrade without breaking everything - at least on debian - but those seem to have been fixed.

It's a great stack that I use pretty much everywhere now, even non-WP sites as it only includes the required components for whatever type of site you add - so I run it on a few 128MB boxes with nginx + php-fpm, but no memcache/mariadb/etc. Can't beat 2 lines to get a new VPS configured and a site online.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • I found that setting up HTTPS with EE was a pain in the arse.

• Gunter said: I found that setting up HTTPS with EE was a pain in the arse.

I would suggest checking out the Linode guide here. It was very straight-forward from there.

• belinikbelinik Member
    edited November 2015

used it for half a year, run 3 minimal wp site on it... adding a 4th seem to start having issue. Overall i am happy with it.

• @Gunter said:
    I found that setting up HTTPS with EE was a pain in the arse.

No more difficult than setting it up on a standard nginx install, requires a couple nginx.conf tweaks and then just packing up the certs and editing the site conf. Hopefully they'll make it easier going forward, can definitely automate some of the SSL setup during site creation

• integration with lets encrypt will be a plus

• boxelderboxelder Member
    edited November 2015

@mohsengham said:
    WordPress users can call EE "Daddy"

>

Daddy, WP it!

Even better with echo & reverb:

Thanked by 1mohsengham