Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

APNIC IPs Lease/Buy - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

APNIC IPs Lease/Buy

2»

Comments

• @William said: If you do not trade you do not have any VAT reg and no accounting either (…)

I beg to differ. I think you are confusing a Plc (incorporated entity) with a business registered to your own name. FYI: limited companies in the EU (and most other jurisdictions) are required to maintain books and file forms/reports prescribed by law irrespective whether they carry out business or not. This is not difficult if you are expertise in this area (most people don't). Failing to file within prescribed deadlines usually results in hefty fines plus criminal liability (read: potentially jail time!) for the company's legal representatives (e.g. Directors) - even if there are no taxes to be paid!

• aglodek said: FYI: limited companies in the EU (and most other jurisdictions) are required to maintain books and file forms/reports prescribed by law irrespective whether they carry out business or not.

A dormant limited company in UK files a report, yes, nearly entirely empty - i pay companiesmadesimple like 30EUR per year for that.

Thanked by 1aglodek
  • @William said: A dormant limited company in UK files a report, yes, nearly entirely empty - i pay companiesmadesimple like 30EUR per year for that.

Are you referring to the Annual Return and Annual Accounts filed with Companies House or the Company Tax Return filed with HMRC? Or maybe all of those and the rudimentary accounting, needed to prepare them? And all that for € 30? Really?

• I refer to this:

http://www.companiesmadesimple.com/annual-return-ar01.html

I did this with a dormant LTD with no trading for many years now and never had any problems with either UK nor my authorities about it.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

What about accounts? Return is just a list of shared holder and general state of the company. Annual Accounts is what you pay the big buck for.

Thanked by 1aglodek
  • singsingsingsing Member
    edited November 2015

Clouvider said: Annual Accounts is what you pay the big buck for.

Why big bucks? Maybe it's more complicated in U.K., but in U.S., if your company has done no business, you can just download the forms, print, write zeroes and mail them to the address printed on the forms. It takes all of 30 minutes. At the state level, one will usually pay a tax just for having a registered company, while at the federal level the tax calculation ought to come out to zero.

• @Gunter said:

I just used them a week ago.

• Clouvider said: What about accounts? Return is just a list of shared holder and general state of the company. Annual Accounts is what you pay the big buck for.

Accounts for a dormant company with no trading...?

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

William said: Accounts for a dormant company with no trading...?

Correct. If you don't produce them you are liable to prosecution and hefty penalties. Companies House will also begin an action to strike the company off the register.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited November 2015

Clouvider said: If you don't produce them you are liable to prosecution and hefty penalties. Companies House will also begin an action to strike the company off the register.

You only fill out a basic form and thats it. I do this now since at least 2010 every year and never anyone contacted me about it, status at CH is also good standing.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/304781/AA02_post_october_dormant_company_accounts_dca_2.pdf

• @William said:

From what you're telling us here, from your personal experience, UK's enforcement of respective regs looks way more lenient than world's "no.1 freest economy" - Hong Kong ;) At least with respect to dormant (read: holding) companies. I really must look into this. Thanks for sharing :)

• If I am not wrong a individual can also sign up as a apnic member, is a company mandatory?