Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a cheap VPS for Windows (hourly billing preferred)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a cheap VPS for Windows (hourly billing preferred)

KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

I am looking for a cheap Windows jump box that I can leave powered off except on the rare occasion I need it (my current backup jump box has only been used once in the past year so I don't expect to use it much).

I'd prefer an hourly billing option where I don't have to pay full price if the VPS is powered off since I keep it offline 99% of the year but I'm willing to pay monthly or yearly depending on the price.

I think the minimum amount of RAM needed is 768MB but more is better for Windows.

Disk space can be anything above 20GB (minimum required to get 2008 R2 fully patched).

Must provide an ISO for Server 2008 R2 so I can install the OS and use my own license.

Location must be within the US, the closer to Florida the better.

Thanks! :)

Comments

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

We have Atlanta with our last LEB promo: http://gdbi.pw/leb02

Do not hesitate to contact me for a custom quote.

Regards, David

• Why is there a 1.50 additional for Windows Trial?

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

I could return the favour and get you a vmware instance on my Dacentec dedi. if I have a free IPv4, guess you don't want to use NAT?

Thanked by 1KuJoe
  • KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@mikho said:
    I could return the favour and get you a vmware instance on my Dacentec dedi. if I have a free IPv4, guess you don't want to use NAT?

Unfortunately my main jump box is in Dacentec so I need a backup that's not there. :(

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

KuJoe said: Unfortunately my main jump box is in Dacentec so I need a backup that's not there. :(

My other servers are not in the US so I have nothing more to offer.
    Unless ........ I'll PM you a suggestion

• @KuJoe said:
    I am looking for a cheap Windows jump box that I can leave powered off except on the rare occasion I need it (my current backup jump box has only been used once in the past year so I don't expect to use it much).

I'd prefer an hourly billing option where I don't have to pay full price if the VPS is powered off since I keep it offline 99% of the year but I'm willing to pay monthly or yearly depending on the price.

I think the minimum amount of RAM needed is 768MB but more is better for Windows.

Disk space can be anything above 20GB (minimum required to get 2008 R2 fully patched).

Must provide an ISO for Server 2008 R2 so I can install the OS and use my own license.

Location must be within the US, the closer to Florida the better.

Thanks! :)

Get a vultr account install windows using your ISO and require software's and take a snapshot then destroy the vps

when u want to use the windows just recreate it i hope this save money and you can have windows vps in all vultr locations

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • https://www.vultr.com/pricing/ plan 2 would be good with what simon said above. Snapshots are in what I think "perpetual beta" and are free, but they can change whenever "they want", ie. maybe never.

• Even plan 1 might work.

I'm using Vultr currently as my backup but the problem with the snapshot is that the IP will change every time I restore it right? That won't work for me because the services I'll need to access with it are whitelist only so I won't be able to whitelist a new IP on the fly. :(

• simonindiasimonindia Member
    edited November 2015

@KuJoe said:
    I'm using Vultr currently as my backup but the problem with the snapshot is that the IP will change every time I restore it right? That won't work for me because the services I'll need to access with it are whitelist only so I won't be able to whitelist a new IP on the fly. :(

I have given a fair thought to give a solution to your problem Just bear with me to get this working

STEP 1) first do this in your Vultr account in Miami,FL location

simonindia said: install windows using your ISO and require software's and take a snapshot then destroy the vps

when u want to use the windows just recreate it i hope this save money and you can have windows vps in all vultr locations

STEP 2) Just buy or get one from Secure dragon vps with Dedicated IPv4 very low specs

use this script to create a vpn

DONT USE IT FOR ANY OTHER PURPOSE

Just for security i have the same setup to access my mail server via ssh

STEP 3) download this Openvpn from here LINK

connect to VPN when you recreate the VPS in Vultr

I hope this solves the IP change problem

I feel Very sleepy now i will get a better solution in the morning(you made me to use my brain its veryrude)/s

Note : I'm in INDIA so now its night here

• Most per hour services where your public IP is maintained will be expensive. They need to recoup the cost of allocating the IP at a minimum.

Thanked by 1bersy

@MarkTurner said:
    Most per hour services where your public IP is maintained will be expensive. They need to recoup the cost of allocating the IP at a minimum.

I'd be willing to pay a dollar or two for an offline VPS to cover the few pennies the IP costs. :)

• IgniteServersIgniteServers Member
    edited November 2015

@KuJoe I have a cheap windows VM but its not close to Florida actually opposite of Florida, I know you said close the better but is LA even considered in your options?

• Perhaps Lunanode will work for you. Not US, but Toronto isn't too far off. They appear to allow external iso installations, have floating IP's ,snapshots, etc

@IgniteServers said:
    KuJoe I have a cheap windows VM but its not close to Florida actually opposite of Florida, I know you said close the better but is LA even considered in your options?

In what data center?

grillmaster said: Perhaps Lunanode will work for you.

I signed up with them a while back but never created a VPS. Maybe I'll look into them again. Thanks!

• IgniteServersIgniteServers Member
    edited November 2015

@KuJoe said:

Edit: SwiftNode DC.

• I have a Runabove.com account which I can build Windows VPS for cheap (no license).

• @KuJoe have you made your choice

• ovh is nuking runabove regular servers soon.

Juraganet said: I have a Runabove.com account which I can build Windows VPS for cheap (no license).

Thanked by 1bersy