Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has thecheapestvps.com gone out of business?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Has thecheapestvps.com gone out of business?

swsnyderswsnyder Member
edited December 2012 in General

Yesterday I saw that my VPS from thecheapestvps.com had gone offline (not pingable). I couldn't load the Control panel page to check the status of it. When I attempted to open a Support Ticket, my e-mail/password wasn't recognized. I tried the "forgot my password" link and it didn't recognize my e-mail address. Finally, I sent a message to their Sales department.

All this was about 36 hours ago. My VPS is still down, and nobody responded to the message I sent to Sales.

Am I the last to find out that this vendor has gone out of business and run from this customers?

Comments

• I think @Corey runs that

• They recently switched from Boxbilling to WHMCS. I received the following email from them 8 days ago:

We will be moving our billing system to WHMCS from boxbilling. We don't have very many active customers on boxbilling anymore, and if you wish for your vps to remain active please sign up and open a ticket at http://thecheapestvps.com/b/ (our new whmcs install). Thank you for your cooperation.

• @NickM said: you wish for your vps to remain active please sign up and open a ticket

If someone is paying a service it should be provided without forcing people to resign up O-o

• @Taylor said: If someone is paying a service it should be provided without forcing people to resign up O-o

Agreed. That is a weird transition

• @NickM said: They recently switched from Boxbilling to WHMCS. I received the following email from them 8 days ago:

Well I never received any bloody email from them, just a gone VPS. Would've been nice if I'd found out some way other than on here.

• Your VPS has probably also changed IP address. I had to raise a support ticket to get moved over to WHMCS. At the same time the IP addresses for my server changed with the following explanation:

I had to switch you from the 110 block because that block didn't have enough utilization and we had to give it back to our provider.

• @xmob said: Your VPS has probably also changed IP address. I had to raise a support ticket to get moved over to WHMCS. At the same time the IP addresses for my server changed with the following explanation:

That is the weirdest thing I've seen.

• I didn't receive any e-mail stating that I had to resign up. And I still can't log in to ask if I need to do anything to ensure that the VPS I paid for will actually work. Oh, and still no reply from Sales.

They may not (yet) have shut down their site and run off with their customers money, but this is the next thing to it. Nobody had to nag me to pay my invoice, but now I have to chase my tail to get thecheapestvps.com to provide the service that I purchased.

• I was sick all day yesterday and I guess noone else can answer tickets. I just woke up and I'll be answering everyones tickets.

@RosenCruz said: @Taylor said: If someone is paying a service it should be provided without forcing people to resign up O-o

Agreed. That is a weird transition

It would have cost us more money and time than we had customers on that brand to move every legit customer over, we switched from box billing because we couldn't really tell if customers were unpaid or not - ticketing system sucked.....instead of spending XXX for a customer base of only XXX per year to move them over to WHMCS we decided to ask legit customers to open a ticket so we didn't have to sift through all the fraud on box billing and spend potentially more than our customer base was worth.

I'm not exactly sure why some people didn't receive an email as I used the mass mail tool in boxbilling, also I suspended everyone about two weeks ago so just in case they didn't receive the email they would be inclined to open a ticket.

• i pray for all of you. hope sorrow is given above

• @swsnyder said: I didn't receive any e-mail stating that I had to resign up. And I still can't log in to ask if I need to do anything to ensure that the VPS I paid for will actually work. Oh, and still no reply from Sales.

They may not (yet) have shut down their site and run off with their customers money, but this is the next thing to it. Nobody had to nag me to pay my invoice, but now I have to chase my tail to get thecheapestvps.com to provide the service that I purchased.

I'm sorry you feel that way, and if you will mention this thread in your ticket I will give you a free upgrade to the next package up for a year.

• @Coey: "...if you will mention this thread in your ticket..."

I guess you didn't notice the part where I stated that my e-mail address (and possibly account password) are no longer recognized by your software. I have no capacity to open a ticket under my own account. Thus I cannot go through the usual process to report the lack of VPS service.

I just another message to via Pre-Sales Contact to that effect.

• @Corey: "I'm sorry you feel that way, ..."

Don't focus on my feelings, or on your own sorrow. Focus instead on the objective circumstances. Your customer simultaneously lost the use of the service he paid for (annual billing) and the ability to report that loss.

• @swsnyder said: I guess you didn't notice the part where I stated that my e-mail address (and possibly account password) are no longer recognized by your software. I have no capacity to open a ticket under my own account. Thus I cannot go through the usual process to report the lack of VPS service.

I just another message to via Pre-Sales Contact to that effect.

I've pmed you to get this sorted out.