Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPN Issues , any good provider for VPN
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPN Issues , any good provider for VPN

Hi,

When I connect to a VPN from Asia when I am out of USA, I get 2-3 Mbps speeds but my internet without VPN has 30-40mbps

No speed limits set and I use pptp VPN server

So I think it's some server based issue so I would like to know a provider who allows VPN in the USA with higher data speeds allowed up to 40 or more Mbps

Comments

• erkinerkin Member
    edited November 2015

I guess that the bottleneck seems your provider's uplinks to Asia.

• @erkin said:
    I guess that the bottleneck seems your provider's uplinks to Asia.

oops ! you are right, so i wish to get a provider which don't have these bottle necks etc
    i currently use bandwagonhost ,

• I would recommend PureVPN. Let me write down notable features of PureVPN which made me select it.

You can connect up to 5 devices simultaneously. You can access more than 550 servers from 141 countries. It supports different consoles like smart TVs. Unblock Netflix, Hulu, ESPN, and more anywhere in the world. They provide live support on website round the clock.

• @JimScott said:
    I would recommend PureVPN. Let me write down notable features of PureVPN which made me select it.

You can connect up to 5 devices simultaneously. You can access more than 550 servers from 141 countries. It supports different consoles like smart TVs. Unblock Netflix, Hulu, ESPN, and more anywhere in the world. They provide live support on website round the clock.

For real ?

• @JimScott said:
    I would recommend PureVPN. Let me write down notable features of PureVPN which made me select it.

You work for them don't you..

Thanked by 1sc754
  • Cheap VPS DO, Dacentec, Ramnode, and Nyrs VPN script = cheap VPN in like 2 minutes that gives you dedicated resources and your own ip.

Thanked by 2zevus Nyr
  • Xarff said: and your own ip.

Own IP is nice but shared IP helps with privacy, isn't it?

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

2bb3 said: Own IP is nice but shared IP helps with privacy, isn't it?

That's a very broad affirmation but for most cases, not really since you have many other identifying metadata (like for example user agent, cookies and others in the case of web browsing).

• I have been using https://solidtunnel.com for years whenever I'm in public internet. It works well.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited November 2015

JimScott said: I would recommend PureVPN

Yes, because they pay you for it.

• @Xarff said:
    Cheap VPS DO, Dacentec, Ramnode, and Nyrs VPN script = cheap VPN in like 2 minutes that gives you dedicated resources and your own ip.

Can you provide the link or tutorial to that script ?

• I don't want some VPN providers I wish to run my own VPN server so I need a good vps provider to run VPN server with high data speeds

• Then tell us your country, your ISP and their ASN/IP range if you know it.

• Four20Four20 Member
    edited November 2015

@vlearnedu said:
    I don't want some VPN providers I wish to run my own VPN server so I need a good vps provider to run VPN server with high data speeds

Would be better for you getting a VPN though.
    You can try many locations till you find the right one for you and only for like ~$5 a month or even less (there are plenty of $2 a month VPN's).
    But if you got a VPS you would be limited to one IP, one speed, not to mention you won't install more than one VPN software obviously, unlike with VPN you can enjoy OpenVPN, PPTP, etc.
    You might already know that, but I just felt like writing it.

• @vlearnedu said:
    Can you provide the link or tutorial to that script ?

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/10587/openvpn-automated-installer#latest

Thanked by 1Nyr
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@Four20 said:

He's able to select a VPS connected to a good network from the start, no need to try random locations from a VPN provider. As @William mentioned, knowing the country/ISP would help a lot. This is specially important since OP mentions he's in Asia.

Finally, most VPN providers will have shitty options available for Asia, so choosing a VPS with good connectivity will be way better.

Thanked by 1Four20
  • You can use any USA vpn service or the VPN that have servers in USA that can give you access of blocked website. However for speed you also need fastest internet connection.