Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVOBURST Node NL01 downtime? Any update?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

EVOBURST Node NL01 downtime? Any update?

Hey guys have a few servers with evoburst and unfortunately three of them are on the node which according to them is down due to reclaiming of the IP pool from TerraTransit.
Is someone else facing the same and Evoburst are not providing any reply or any ETA over this issue.

Does someone has any update or is in contact with Ryan?
Its a big downtime.

Here is a link of there announcement :

https://www.evobilling.com/announcements.php?id=83

Comments

• All I can say is please have some patience.

• Servers can take 24-48 hours to get provisioned + getting the IP's routed + getting everyone migrated so its going to be a long process I think, hopefully you also have backups of your servers aswell.

• The end times begun here people, upstream providers taking IPs back by force/without notice. Maybe time to finally give IPv6 a look :)

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

That freaking sucks.

Best of luck to joodle.

Francisco

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

gtrax said: reclaiming of the IP pool from TerraTransit

Ugh, that should come with like 30 days notice.

• likely TerraTransit pulled it off due to TOS violation(possible spam).

on a serious node, no serious company should EVER choose a provider without its own IP ranges in first place.

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

@apollo15 said:
    likely TerraTransit pulled it off due to TOS violation(possible spam).

on a serious node, no serious company should EVER choose a provider without its own IP ranges in first place.

So in that case, we should also close LET, WHT and LEB, since most of the host on those forum don't have their own IP allocation?

This is purely an issue of miscomunication between companies. This is not normal without a prior notice and timeframe to migrate.

My 2cent.

Regards, David.

• I simply wont use a host that doesn't have its own IP allocation. Why bother with a host that leases IPs when there are great lowend companies that own their own blocks?

@apollo15 said:
    likely TerraTransit pulled it off due to TOS violation(possible spam).

If that's the case then it looks like the fault of Hostslim and nothing EvoSwitch did. Hostslim has an incredibly dirty /22 from Leaseweb if senderbase is accurate: https://www.senderbase.org/lookup/org/?search_string=HostSlim Global Services BV

Francisco

• I don't remember having any issues with my evoburst box, great for the price

• Hey guys,

thought i would come on here and first of all say once again a huge sorry to all customers affected by this.

While yes, at least notification from HostSlim would have been great, so we could source IP addresses to renumber to, before their subnet got reclaimed by TerraTransit. For a long time we had been requesting the IP subnet to be cleaned etc, yet nothing came to fruit from that, I dare say (just heresay) that TerraTransit AG, got fed up with dealing with the abuse reports that they were receiving. (as can be seen here, by a large number of IPs been in the blacklist, with HostSlim refusing to cooperate it seems: http://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/listings/terratransit.de)

And although getting answers from Ralph or anyone at HostSlim, is like getting blood from a rock, I've managed to get no confirmation that TerraTransit has reclaimed the IP Addresses (although, it's obvious) just "There is something with the routing" around 18 hours after it was initially reported to them.

(Note, this is not the only subnet)

While yes, we do feel under the punch on this, and we have made this clear to the new provider that it is with utmost urgency to get everything back online, they assure us that the server will be provisioned in (hopefully) less that 24 hours from now.

in which, no rest for the wicked migration will commence immediately after the provisioning is done. and hopefully Nforce can provision it in a lot less time.

Updates are posted in the announcement whenever I get hold of them.

Regards,
    Ryan B

Thanked by 3Francisco BBTN erkin

Jesus that spamhaus URL is lit with their stuff.

Like a /20 worth of random subnets.

Francisco

• Of their 27 Subnets advertised on their ASN..

It seems only 3 of the 9 blocks that belong to TerraTransit, have been reclaimed by them.

/24 - 2
    /22 - 1

So, i do wonder if someone else is in the same proverbial boat as me.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • Shouldn't you have gotten off those IPs a long time ago if you noticed they were that dirty and nothing was being done about it? Wasn't it impacting your customers?

• @JoeMerit - Trust me, I tried..
    Asked them how much it would be to bring a subnet in for usage, and they replied with that it would be cheaper for me to rent another range from them, i said that i wanted to bring my own subnet in, and then never got a reply.

Moving providers has been on the cards for a fair while now, just this action from them just accelerated the move.. in the most unfortunate of ways, All I can say, is at least the support from NFOrce has been absolutely excellent thus far. And i do believe it will be a great new home for EvoBurst's NL Services.

• Fuck HostSlim.. seriously.

I've got nightmare ticket threads with them for a colo plan I had. IPs re-assigned, impossible to get a KVM loan to setup ILO, then they reclaim the IP and I need another loan to re-configure ILO with the new IP... Not to mention my plan magically changing to 100Mbps from 1Gbps after 2 months and them blaming it on my hardware but their switch was only handing out 100Mbps announcements. Nothing ever got fixed.

AVOID HOSTSLIM AT ALL COSTS

Best of luck to Ryan and @joodle in getting the fuck away from them.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

Didn't know about HostSlim, but doesn't surprise me considering this kind of offers...

• My panel at EvoBurst is showing multiple systems offline, and I experienced a reboot. I opened a ticket and got a snippy reply with screenshots that I opened an email about downtime on the NL region. But I was having problems with VPSes in other regions.

I just moved to EvoBurst last weekend, this isn't promising.

• you moved to Evoburst...

• @JoeMerit said:
    you moved to Evoburst...

I did, I signed up almost a month ago, I let my VPSes "soak" a bit and thought things were good to go.

• That's it, I'll be moving as soon as I find another suitable host. The response was uncalled for.

• Yup, get something solid like Ramnode.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

@dougware Yeah, that one response was kinda harsh but where are your responses back to him? So we can get the full picture of the interaction between you and him.

Thanked by 1gestiondbi
  • DougWareDougWare Member
    edited November 2015

@PieNotEvenEaten said:
    dougware Yeah, that one response was kinda harsh but where are your responses back to him? So we can get the full picture of the interaction between you and him.

No problem, I didn't feel like my responses were inappropriate.

My original ticket:

My reply to his reply on the ticket, this was the only reply I sent.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

I don't really understand the jab about Serverius being a "budget datacenter", in that announcement. What does that have to do with this issue?

Thanked by 1William
  • Just so everyone knows I didn't leave anything out, here's the entire ticket history.

DougWare said: Just so everyone knows I didn't leave anything out, here's the entire ticket history.

Your images don't appear to load for me.

• @joepie91 said:
    Your images don't appear to load for me.

Sorry, what country are you in? I have some pretty stringent IP blocks on my home connection. I'll remove them.

edited November 2015

DougWare said: Sorry, what country are you in? I have some pretty stringent IP blocks on my home connection. I'll remove them.

The Netherlands, with XS4ALL as ISP. They are loading now :)

EDIT: Why the blocks, anyway?

• The Netherlands were blocked, please accept my apologies. I often get a lot of SSH brute force attacks and since I usually don't have any visitors from most countries, I drop a lot of traffic that normally hit my home connection.