Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Searching for a Reliably VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Searching for a Reliably VPS

ThomLSAThomLSA Member
edited November 2015 in Requests

Hello!

I need a reliably VPS, i've been with INIZ, and VPSDime.
But it was a long time ago, and it didn't feel reliably and trustworthy for my data. (Because it was so cheap).

What do you suggest, i got a budget for 15EUR monthly.

Thanked by 1dediserve

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2015

Hey @ThomLSA

Have a look at our Cloud VPS special here: http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/65603/clouvider-special-uk-london-cloud-vps-from-4-50-and-dedicated-servers-from-just-19-99/p1

Our London Cloud is built with reliability in mind, we operate resilient, distributed storage, dual diverse network, each node is connected to two power lines, each secured with N+N UPS and N+1 generators and the cooling is consisting the critical load, and protected by the same measures!

If you have any questions, let us know!

• Well, than go with KVM (or Xen) and for example DO - way to big to check on your private data! ;D
    Otherwise maybe a German (or other European) host would be a choice?

• I would recommend Linode as your budget allows it. A good alternative would be @dediserve.

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • Neither DO nor Linode is being represented here. @Clouvider 's special seems good, imo.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Thanks @erkin!

• Go with @dediserve Dublin location for data protection.

No wonder Twitter moved to Ireland to protect their non-us users.

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • Thanks for the mentions, we're running a special at the moment, so you can grab a 2 core, 2GB RAM, 30GB SSD, 1 IP4 server in Dublin for just €7.48 per month

Thanked by 1mohsengham
  • https://www.constantvps.com

Please look our packages

• You can consider our vps, 2core, 768MB RAM, 30GB HDD, 1TB bandwidth, 1 ipv4 or ipv6 for just $5 a month at our New Jersey or Honduras location.
    http://laceibanetsociety.com/en/vps-services/openvz-vps/
    Thanks in advance for the consideration

• JonchunJonchun Member
    edited November 2015

@erkin said:
    Neither DO nor Linode is being represented here. Clouvider 's special seems good, imo.

Quite frankly, that's not a bad thing. It just means they have enough market share so that they don't need a rep on a niche forum like LET where the majority of users don't want to pay for anything. At least Linode and DO don't use scummy marketing tactics and post spam all the time.

• Check misterhost.net plans (link in signature). Over 300 days my VPS is up.

• @ThomLSA said:
    it didn't feel reliably and trustworthy for my data

Feelings notwithstanding, what was the reality of your data's safety when using those past providers? If you never experienced a loss, you should be grateful they were offering you a great deal and consider using them again. If you offer to pay them more, I'm sure they'd find a way to make that happen. :-)

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

@dediserve

Thanks for the mentions, we're running a special at the moment, so you can grab a 2 core, 2GB RAM, 30GB SSD, 1 IP4 server in Dublin for just €7.48 per month

Can you PM me the link?

• bersybersy Member
    edited November 2015

WHT said: Check misterhost.net plans (link in signature). Over 300 days my VPS is up.

Really? Their VPS line was launched in February if I recall right.

Thanked by 1NexHost
  • You can get a DDoS protected KVM VPS with us within your budget.

• @erkin said:
    Neither DO nor Linode is being represented here. Clouvider 's special seems good, imo.

I'm pretty sure there is a guy from DigitalOcean registered here... The guy who chimed in before about DO...

Thanked by 1jar
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@erkin said:

Hmm? I'm not here to officially "represent" DO but there's definitely a presence here, and Ben is a member here as well. Consider me a resource if you need anything on that front regardless, I'm very much willing to help out anyone anytime :)

• @Steven_F said:
    You can get a DDoS protected KVM VPS with us within your budget.

Thanks for testing our website, however, we do not have DDoS protection enabled on our website at this time.

• @Jar said:
    Hmm? I'm not here to officially "represent" DO but there's definitely a presence here, and Ben is a member here as well. Consider me a resource if you need anything on that front regardless, I'm very much willing to help out anyone anytime :)

I know you @Jar :-) I think I meant Ben haha

Thanked by 1jar
  • Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

So price was the only reason you didn't "feel" it was reliable? How was your experience?

Thanked by 1jar
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited November 2015

@Awmusic12635 said:
    So price was the only reason you didn't "feel" it was reliable? How was your experience?

Oh I just read that. Yeah, seriously, not trusting VPSDime because of the low prices is a bit sad. If you (OP) don't trust Oktay, it's you who misses out. There aren't many people in the industry I respect to the degree that I respect Oktay, he's one of the good ones.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • AndreixAndreix Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2015

@ThomLSA said:

Hello there,

Please take a look at our plans from here: https://www.hetnix.com/he2bill/cart.php?gid=19

We can also offer vmWare for +24%.

Thank you.

• ramnode? im using iniz, hostus, crissic, ramnode, and ramnode is still the best

• @drserver will have an option for you I'm sure.

• edited November 2015

@dediserve said:
    Thanks for the mentions, we're running a special at the moment, so you can grab a 2 core, 2GB RAM, 30GB SSD, 1 IP4 server in Dublin for just €7.48 per month

2 questions :
    1- any chance of having a bigger disk ( I don't care if it's ssd or hdd).
    2- is incoming unmetered?

On topic :
    I recommend Digital Ocean . My only question is : why do some locations become unavailable? No more room ?why not wipe them when ordering a new droplet(from the cp) ?

@Jar
    We use vpsdime and I can tell their 6gb ovz has a VERY bad IO. I've sent tests and benches to support. They first said that they thought there were some ongoing backups. I performed tests different days at different times and same results.
    Network is very good.

Reason not to move is that we first need to get someone to code some stuff in one of our boxes in Linode and as we barely use that vpsdime we can live with that crappy io

• 1- just adjust the sliders after the sign up link. We don't have any fixed specs you can order just what you need.

2- correct

• CloudconeCloudcone Member, Patron Provider

@ThomLSA, did you find what you are looking for?

• PM me ill give you good offer,
    also you can view offers on my main web site in the sign.

• @inthecloudblog said:
    Reason not to move is that we first need to get someone to code some stuff in one of our boxes in Linode and as we barely use that vpsdime we can live with that crappy io

I've sent you a PM. Let's get this fixed.

Thanked by 2jar vimalware