Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Yearly, low RAM, VPS in NZ or Australia - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Yearly, low RAM, VPS in NZ or Australia

2»

Comments

• @bohdans said:
    I still haven't received any information (not even an outage notice) about the Saturday outage. I have 2 services in Sydney.
    The only way I know it was down is because of my uptime monitor.

Same for me, so you aren't alone!

• http://bgp.he.net/AS62638

For full details on the upstream carriers.

Unless you opened a ticket you won't have been provided an SLA credit or details. If you've not don't so yet please do!

• @dediserv shouldn't we at least get an email saying there was an outage, how long for and that its been resolved? Thats pretty standard practice I thought.

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

josephb said: Based on the their announcements of your space, your upstream is connected to 2 peering points (Megaport & NSW-IX) and 1 transit provider (Equinix).

I wonder if @dediserve has asked their upstream what happens if their Equinix transit falls over?

• @Oliver said:
    I wonder if dediserve has asked their upstream what happens if their Equinix transit falls over?

It will use the cogent or PCCW or internap routes.

@bohdans we don't email about outages and the status site has been improved to automatically alert and update status if there are issues in any location.

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2015

dediserve said: It will use the cogent or PCCW or internap routes.

Are you sure @dediserve? I don't think your upstream actually has transit with those providers in their Australian POP.

Their (Query Foundry) transit page even says this:

https://www.queryfoundry.com/solutions/ip-transit-dia

Our Sydney (SYD) POP includes nx10G links to:

Equinix Connect / AS17819 (direct connections to major ISPs such as Telstra and Optus)
    Equinix IX (Sydney's biggest Internet Exchange)
    Megaport IX (Sydney Internet Exchange)
    NSW-IX (Sydney's fastest growing Internet Exchange)
    PIPE-IX (Pending - Sydney Internet Exchange)
    Verizon Business / AS703 (Pending - Outstanding global reach)
    PCCW Global / AS3491 (Pending - Strong Asia Pacific presence)
    Telstra Global / AS4637 (Pending - Strong Asia Pacific presence)

Note the 'Pending'. As far as I am aware till they get one of those other connections up for transit alone they are not really multi-homed for transit. That means if their Equinix link falls over then they (and you) lose connectivity to most of the internet by far; only Megaport and NSW-IX customers can reach you then (and that excludes the biggest domestic ISPs).

How do you think they offer such low pricing per mbit for small commits? ;-)

• Oliver said: Are you sure @dediserve? I don't think your upstream actually has transit with those providers in their Australian POP.

@dediserve can you answer this please? @concerto49 I assume this also affects Cloudshards as it's all through your parent QueryFoundry?

• @Oliver said:
    Really? People want another LES on the same continent? NZ I can understand...

Then again the LES locations map is quite top heavy...

http://lowendspirit.com/img/Mxpy1CR.png

Just as an expression of interest I'd be pretty keen for a NAT in Adelaide as well.

• josephbjosephb Member
    edited November 2015

@dediserve said:
    http://bgp.he.net/AS62638

For full details on the upstream carriers.

AS62638 is present in multiple locations and has different connectivity at each location.

The HE page is irrelevant when talking specifically about Sydney as the site is showing a combined view of all connectivity across all places their AS is being used.

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • josephbjosephb Member
    edited November 2015

@dediserve said:
    It will use the cogent or PCCW or internap routes.

No it won't as there is no such connectivity in the AS62638 Sydney network.

My previous post outlined the connectivity that is currently being used for your Sydney network, 1 transit provider, 2 peering points.

Thanked by 2ATHK dediserve
  • zevuszevus Member
    edited November 2015

@SandwichVPN said:
    Zappiehost again! got mine for $1.50 with 256mb ram and 100gb bw.

same, bout a month ago. no problems

zappiehost.com/contact

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • josephb said: No it won't as there is no such connectivity in the AS62638 Sydney network.

My previous post outlined the connectivity that is currently being used for your Sydney network, 1 transit provider, 2 peering points.

3 peering points, and two transit providers as of now.

The initial setup was redundant links to Equinix, and they haven't fallen over yet in our term as customers.

I'm happy to report that Verizon has been added (in accordance to our earlier promise in the ip-transit-dia page), and should be visible globally.

As to the last bout of downtime, they actually had nothing to do with our upstreams. Concerned customers have been provided RFOs, but in summary: it was a problem with the software revision running on our distribution switches.

Thanks.

Thanked by 2dediserve josephb
  • ATHK said: @concerto49 I assume this also affects Cloudshards as it's all through your parent QueryFoundry?

Don't go to this site these days Checking up on a bunch of tags... (as to the technical response... see above)

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • josephbjosephb Member
    edited November 2015

@Wintereise said:
    3 peering points, and two transit providers as of now.

I saw Equinix IX and VZB show up today, good to see :-)

• josephb said: I saw Equinix IX and VZB show up today, good to see :-)

Things go up and down due to maintenance, upgrades and other things. Equinix IX has been there almost since day 1.