Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Offering free webdesign to established brands
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Offering free webdesign to established brands

Hi LET reader,

I have many years of experience in developing websites. However, I have never been able to properly utilize my skillset because I never learned how to do planning / customer communication the right way.

I would like to offer my service as a web developer to known brands around here so I can hopefully learn how to organize and plan my work better. It's also very important for me to get feedback from people I value around here.

I haven't developed websites for other companies yet (not ones that are still in business at least..). I use Bootstrap to ensure a smooth responsive experience on mobile, but I make sure it won't look like a cookie cutter default Bootstrap site.

Looking forward to inquiries from the community!

Comments

• Few sample designs may attract users. :) Also publish your own website here.

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • also what are you asking back for a design per page/hole site.

• @perryoo11 said:
    also what are you asking back for a design per page/hole site.

Nothing per se. You could put my name in the copyright notice, but I don't really care.

I just want experience and then when a paid assignment comes in I can show which sites I designed before.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • aah wait lol i havn´t readed the title lol. sorry.

• @classy said:
    before

So you want to build your portfolio is what you're saying? :)

• If you can convert my site to use Bootstrap and to be responsive you have a jobjob.

Pm me

• Interesting proposition. I can't wait to see some of your work!

(I just realized the above statement literally looks like something a spambot wrote... oh well)

Would you be offended if the "Client" decided not to go through with it if they're not satisfied with the results? Would you also help/include a billing system integration? Are you looking more for the client interaction experience? (I'm assuming this isn't JUST portfolio building because there are so many alternatives to randomly offering free services)

• AndreixAndreix Member, Host Rep

@classy said:

Hello there,

Can you provide me with your skype id or an email address ? I might have a little challenge for you :)

I am willing to pay, of course.

• classy said: (not ones that are still in business at least..).

Did they die due to horrible web design?

You're pretty much saying "I'm a novice, but I'll throw a bunch of things together and hope it doesn't break"

• classy said: not ones that are still in business at least

We've faced the same. Clients have paid $$$$ and closed their businesses in like 1-2 years. So we had to remove them from our company portfolio.

• doghouch said: So you want to build your portfolio is what you're saying? :)

That is an added benefit. I mainly want to build a network and improve my user interaction.

AndreiGhesi said: If you can convert my site to use Bootstrap and to be responsive you have a jobjob.

Pm me

Going to PM you in a moment.

Jonchun said: Would you be offended if the "Client" decided not to go through with it if they're not satisfied with the results? Would you also help/include a billing system integration? Are you looking more for the client interaction experience? (I'm assuming this isn't JUST portfolio building because there are so many alternatives to randomly offering free services)

If they decide not to go through because of quality issues or management issues (I sincerely hope it would be the latter) then that's no problem. I would probably take the branding off and use it as a sample / demo.

Andreix said: Hello there,

Can you provide me with your skype id or an email address ? I might have a little challenge for you :)

I am willing to pay, of course.

Going to PM you my Skype.

ToggledNS said: Did they die due to horrible web design?

You're pretty much saying "I'm a novice, but I'll throw a bunch of things together and hope it doesn't break"

That's the point. The design was fine, it was obviously a different reason they are no longer.

I'm not a novice, I am an amateur. I only lack professional experience, not general experience.

sdglhm said: We've faced the same. Clients have paid $$$$ and closed their businesses in like 1-2 years. So we had to remove them from our company portfolio.

Sometimes businesses look really nice on the outside, but behind the scenes... :-)