Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IP address acquisition plan
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IP address acquisition plan

etiansetians Member
edited November 2015 in Requests

I need to buy IANA IP address plan.
My demand is / 16 or / 14. I hope to get a quote.

My private mail: [email protected]

Comments

• edited November 2015

a /16 or /14 isn't coming easy lmaoooo. Even OVH struggles to get /16s

• I think the defacto quote on LET is $7 for whatever you want.

• etiansetians Member
    edited November 2015

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    go and fuck a tree.

I looked for three months, only got a / 18. But the company also tasks.

• etiansetians Member
    edited November 2015

@MarkTurner said:

I need to buy

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Good luck!

• Budget per IP? With IANA you mean legacy as in REAL legacy outside of ARIN (very rare) or just "normal" legacy within a RIR?

If you have the full amount upfront 325k US$ is reasonable for a /16, around 5$ per IP.

• etiansetians Member
    edited November 2015

@William said:
    Budget per IP? With IANA you mean legacy as in REAL legacy outside of ARIN (very rare) or just "normal" legacy within a RIR?

If you have the full amount upfront 325k US$ is reasonable for a /16, around 5$ per IP.

yes I know this is very difficult to find, but still need to continue

• @William said:
    Budget per IP? With IANA you mean legacy as in REAL legacy outside of ARIN (very rare) or just "normal" legacy within a RIR?

This is a reasonable price, you have?

• AFAIK, you cannot buy IP from IANA. IANA only hands out huge blocks to the 5 RIRs, ARIN, RIPE, APNIC, AFRINIC, and LACNIC. RIRs also don't sell IP addresses, they hand out blocks to ISPs and companies. You can request blocks from an RIR. Although they said it's not selling, but you still need to pay some money for owning and continuing to own them on a regular basis.

• @Clouvider said:
    Good luck!
    thank you very much

• elgselgs Member
    edited November 2015

By the way, IANA has handed out all IP's long ago. ARIN also recently handed out all their IP's. If you want to get IP from ARIN, the only possibility is to buy/rent from ISP's or anyone who owns. You still have chance to get IP from other 4 RIRs. But it's also not that easy because they usually require you or your company must be in their regions.

• etiansetians Member
    edited November 2015

@elgs said:
    By the way, IANA has handed out all IP's long ago. ARIN also recently handed out all their IP's. If you want to get IP from ARIN, the only possibility is to buy/rent from ISP's or anyone who owns. You still have chance to get IP from other 4 RIRs. But it's also not that easy because they usually require you or your company must be in their regions.

We are a data center, we are ARIN members. Obtained from ARIN IP is no longer possible.

• My suggestion is if you have a short business plan on the huge block of IP's, go for it. Otherwise, be careful. Why? Although IPv6 is still not popular yet, the trend is IPv6 is really coming faster and faster. Once most ISP's are enabled with IPv6, IPv4 will die even faster. This may take years or even a decade, but the trend makes it happen faster and faster. Think about the floppy disks, CDROM/DVDROM. They will just suddenly die. I think IPv4 is no exception.

Thanked by 1tehdan
  • @etians said:

We are a data center, we are ARIN members. Obtained from ARIN IP is no longer possible.

Right. We are also ARIN member. But it's already not possible to get any blocks directly from ARIN.

• etians said: This is a reasonable price, you have?

I can arrange, yes.

• etiansetians Member
    edited November 2015

@elgs
    This is the company's plans, I only responsible for implementation

• StealthyHostingStealthyHosting Member, Host Rep

http://ipv4auctions.com/ has an ARIN /18 currently up. Price is currently $8/IP and closes in 25 days.

Thanked by 1Kris
  • Maybe you should ask Xerox... they sold some blocks in the 13/8 range to MS.

Also UK GOV - thy r selling the 51/8 range and OVH grabbed a /15.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • KrisKris Member
    edited November 2015

StealthyHosting said: http://ipv4auctions.com/ has an ARIN /18 currently up. Price is currently $8/IP and closes in 25 days.

This. This a million times.

Hilco is used by legitimate ISPs to get legitimate ranges.

• @Kris said:

Annoying that they spam/sell/whatever your email address. Ended up dropping that (unique) email address.