Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LEB-friendly dedicated provider with private network/VLAN, does it exist?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LEB-friendly dedicated provider with private network/VLAN, does it exist?

Hey all, is anybody aware of any providers that offer good low end dedicated servers that also offer a private network/VLAN between servers you have with them? Plenty of VPS/"cloud" providers have things like this, but I'm more inclined to go with dedicated gear these days.

I was going to start sending out a ton of questions to providers I've done business with in the past, but I figured this was probably easier. I've got a project lined up that'll involve using GlusterFS and I'd rather do that over a private (unmetered) network than ExNet and chew through unnecessary bandwidth.

Comments

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran
    edited November 2015

Hi. Try Dacentec(you will need to open ticket to request vLAN).

Thanked by 1jlay
  • jlayjlay Member
    edited November 2015

@Radi said:
    Hi. Try Dacentec(you will need to open ticket to request vLAN).

Cool, I've already got a server with them so it's comforting to know they're able to accommodate! Thank you!

Any other ideas are still welcome, I like having options! :D

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Try asking ColoCrossing or any of their resellers.

• Delimiter offers uncontended (critical distinction) gigabit and 10 gigabit VLANs, they are used mostly by customers running cloud and distributed storage applications.

We can also offer cross-datacentre VLAN locally or nationally (but not cheap!)

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

We do :)! Have a look at our Dedicated Servers Sale here:
    https://www.clouvider.co.uk/dedicated-servers-sale

Let me know if you're looking in EU!

• We can arrange this. Normally we put every dedicated server on a separate VLAN but if a customer wishes so we can put all his servers on the same VLAN. Also we can arrange cross connects with some local internet exchanges or other ISPs.

• @qps offers VLANs.

Thanked by 1qps