Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dacentec ... Just awesome!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dacentec ... Just awesome!

armindsarminds Member, Host Rep

Hello everybody!

I just wanted to share my experience with @dacentec which have been great so far.

I had some issues with our old data center after it was sold to a bigger company. Just a bigger name but not big in customer service.

The old data center kept increasing prices and making things harder then we decided to move.

I have been with dacentec for 4 months now, their network uptime is very good, almost excellent. Their customer support rocks!

I have never waited for a support ticket response more than 30 minutes, an advantage that I didn't see with many other high end providers.

In the last 24 hours, I have faced a critical boot issue with a Xen node. It couldn't boot because of a grub issue. I tried to solve it remotely through KVM, but dacentec team was with me almost on every step. Investigating the issue, checking "my own" hardware health and configurations, downloading OS image and mounting it in a USB for me to rescue the system.

Many times I couldn't boot into the rescue mode remotely, and they did it for me, bringing me to the rescue mode interface.

Actually, I am very impressed with their service. I am just excited and very happy that I finally have chosen a reliable provider.

Thanks a lot @dacentec team. especially Chris and Ernest :)

Comments

• @arminds said:
    Hello everybody!

I just wanted to share my experience with dacentec which have been great so far.

I had some issues with our old data center after it was sold to a bigger company. Just a bigger name but not big in customer service.

The old data center kept increasing prices and making things harder then we decided to move.

I have been with dacentec for 4 months now, their network uptime is very good, almost excellent. Their customer support rocks!

I have never waited for a support ticket response more than 30 minutes, an advantage that I didn't see with many other high end providers.

In the last 24 hours, I have faced a critical boot issue with a Xen node. It couldn't boot because of a grub issue. I tried to solve it remotely through KVM, but dacentec team was with me almost on every step. Investigating the issue, checking "my own" hardware health and configurations, downloading OS image and mounting it in a USB for me to rescue the system.

Many times I couldn't boot into the rescue mode remotely, and they did it for me, bringing me to the rescue mode interface.

Actually, I am very impressed with their service. I am just excited and very happy that I finally have chosen a reliable provider.

Thanks a lot dacentec team. especially Chris and Ernest :)

Yeah, same here their support just response in a minute!.

Thanked by 1arminds
  • Dacentec is very good. Only issue been that few network drops in the last days but it looks like Dacentec fixed them (according to their last announcement for maintenance).

Thanked by 1arminds
  • agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

Agreed! @Dacentec is a great provider with awesome support! Nothing but good things to say here. Always quick to respond and offer a helping hand.

Thanked by 1arminds
  • @Hidden_Refuge said:
    Dacentec is very good. Only issue been that few network drops in the last days but it looks like Dacentec fixed them (according to their last announcement for maintenance).

Also they are out of stock in North Lenoir Carolina for now their in Rochester New York.

• @SandwichVPN said:
    Also they are out of stock in North Lenoir Carolina for now their in Rochester New York.

To quote Online.net

Victim of its success.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @Hidden_Refuge said:

Victim of its success.

:D, how about OVH?

• @SandwichVPN said:

No idea what you mean now.

I just quoted the message Online.net shows when a product is out of stock due to high demand. It just says "Victim of its success". And so is the Lenoir, NC location of Dacentec.

If you need something in NC contact @mitgib from Hostigation.

• hyena56hyena56 Member
    edited November 2015

Hope there will be in North Carolina. :D soon for Dacentec about OVH nevermind it. just joking. it's so hard to get VPS there in OVH requires Validation that is wastes of time.

• linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
    edited November 2015

@Hidden_Refuge said:

Victim of its success.

SandwichVPN said: :D, how about OVH?

OVH stole the "Victim of its success" thing from online.net!

• @SandwichVPN said:
    it's so hard to get VPS there in OVH requires Validation that is wastes of time.

The wait and effort is worth it IMO

Thanked by 1sin
  • Experienced disk failure once. And their support for replacing the disk and installing the new OS was fast and helpful. Can't believe such quality support for the price. Definitely recommended.

Thanked by 2arminds shell
  • @ATHK said:

Yup, their new VPS line is pretty sweet, went from their SSD VPS to their Cloud VPS and I absolutely love it.

Validation only took 4 hours for me too although I had already had services with them.

• will they provide migration support?

• @DhruboHost said:
    will they provide migration support?

You have already had an answer. They might, but it will cost money. Contact them with your specific needs.

• @ATHK said:

It really is, Only issue I've had is with their additional IPs. Support doesn't seem to know about them ;P

• I totally agree. Their support is way better the quality I deserve with that pricing.

• I made an order today but I dont know how to pay!

I get an email with the invoice but couldnt see any payment options.

I thought there might be an error so i ordered again and same thing.

l sent a support ticket and no reply over an hour later. I guess that comes with not being in the states.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@DhruboHost said:
    will they provide migration support?

:P Same Question. Why not ask them directly ? And, you can do the migration yourself, I know :-)

• Amazing VPS-hosting provider

• asked them, they don't provide any type of migration support. :P

• KrisKris Member
    edited November 2015

Cologix*, the owners of Dacentec just bought NAC, my old school 'go-to' for colo in NJ with a few locations [EDIT]

Thanked by 1hawc
  • hawchawc Moderator, LIR

Did someone say LINX peering? Yay!

• Remote IX / LINX peering, NJ location coming (hopefully, maybe?) and whispers of DDoS protection...

I am going to have nothing to eat at the end of the month, but a ton of dom0 and host-nodes to play with and benchmark.

It's how I would've done it. Hell, I suggested cheap refurb HW at NAC to Ernie (who had crazy Colo pricing at PNJ1) before he went all in with CC.

Seriously though, if they take their NC model in NJ, with Dacentec pricing and offer the NAC.net backbone... I might as well just auto-pay you out of my paycheck monthly and save you the processor fees.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • Seriously though, if they take their NC model in NJ, with Dacentec pricing and offer the NAC.net backbone...

Is colocrossingkiller.com still available?

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • MarkTurnerMarkTurner Member
    edited November 2015

Kris said: Centrilogic, the owners of Dacentec just bought NAC, my old school 'go-to' for colo in NJ with a few locations

Not sure where you got that from, but the press release I read said that Cologix (nothing to do with Centrilogic) had bought NAC.net.

Its the same thats on their blog:

http://blog.nac.net/news/cologix-to-acquire-new-jersey-data-center-company-net-access

if they take their NC model in NJ, with Dacentec pricing

The dirt cheap model that companies like Delimiter/Dacentec/etc work in states like NC/GA/MO because with large forward commitments to power you can get a per KWH price thats extremely low. Duke Energy/Georgia Power/Greystone all offer substantial incentives for forward contracts and there are plenty of cash incentives available for new builds.

Thanked by 2Kris vimalware
  • qpsqps Member, Host Rep

Kris said: Centrilogic, the owners of Dacentec just bought NAC

This is not accurate.

They were bought by Cologix, which is a separate, unrelated company.

http://blog.nac.net/news/cologix-to-acquire-new-jersey-data-center-company-net-access

• MarkTurner said: Not sure where you got that from, but the press release I read said that Cologix (nothing to do with Centrilogic) had bought NAC.net.

Press release read + lack of sleep = I thought we were going to get Dacentec in NJ.

You're absolutely right. Whoops. Good looks @qps @MarkTurner

Keep on keepin on @dacentec in NC, I thought my dream was coming true about cheap dedis to go (15minuteservers model)

• dacentecdacentec Member, Host Rep

www.centrilogic.com/locations/

Thanked by 2vimalware Kris