Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Validation in OVH
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Validation in OVH

Hi guys i want to ask about OVH validation: The validation works with 2 section? First need to validate account with order its ok after need validate the payment too?

Comments

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member
    edited November 2015

Unless you are paying from a verified paypal account or a CC with basic billing details similar to that of the OVH account that you provided verification documents for, the payment will be validated.

Thanked by 1miklos
  • elgselgs Member
    edited November 2015

I once paid with my wife's PayPal account and ended up providing my wife's driver's license to convince them.

• They sound like startssl in regards to verification obsession. I once had my runabove account banned for giving them a 2months expired student id badge.

• They require you to send them validation documents of

-Photo ID (Driver Licence or Passport)
    -Proof of Address (Utility Bill or Bank Statement)

If you have created a company account they will also require:
    -Company registration documents (Linking the user to the company)

Thanked by 1miklos
  • Huh? Other people are sending them Photo IDs, bank statements and registration documents?

I never sent in anything.

They refused to fulfill when I first ordered, so I after some boring conversation with them through e-mail (in which they asked for a utility bill, which I refused to provide, then a driver's license scan, which I also refused to provide), I gave up for the time being.

Then 3 months later, I decided to get tough and called them on the phone, saying that I had an account but I couldn't order for some reason. Access granted.

• too bad they don't work on weekends :(

• @Ruriko said:
    too bad they don't work on weekends :(

Hehe :D i do before weekend lol

• @singsing said:
    Huh? Other people are sending them Photo IDs, bank statements and registration documents?

I never sent in anything.

They refused to fulfill when I first ordered, so I after some boring conversation with them through e-mail (in which they asked for a utility bill, which I refused to provide, then a driver's license scan, which I also refused to provide), I gave up for the time being.

Then 3 months later, I decided to get tough and called them on the phone, saying that I had an account but I couldn't order for some reason. Access granted.

yeah, I sent them a photo of my drivers license and a scan of a utility bill.

tbh, it seems like a quicker and easier method than what you describe.

i don't fear them having my photo, DL #, or knowing how much I paid for electricity. i cheer it instead

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member
    edited November 2015

Yes, its just quicker to send the ID / Utility bill to get this one time process over with.

• zevus said: yeah, I sent them a photo of my drivers license and a scan of a utility bill.

I don't care about OVH having this. But, sending this stuff around in digital formats (especially the driver's license scan) doesn't sit well with me, what if it's stored, they get hacked, and then the "bad guys" have it and can impersonate me easily?

• They claim to delete the files within 2 weeks of verification. At least that is what they said when I asked the first time.

• Maybe you could censor part of your ID

• There's lots of providers that don't need such scans at all.

Why waste time and risk identity theft to save a couple bucks?