Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vesta CP Newest features (with commercial file manager)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Vesta CP Newest features (with commercial file manager)

CloudconeCloudcone Member, Patron Provider
edited November 2015 in General

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Great update!

• They figured out how to put food on the table. Good update.

• Has this been released yet? Cannot see an update on my old installation yet.

• still no IPv6 Implementation?

• Nginx only now?

• @gibster said:
    still no IPv6 Implementation?

It's coming soon(TM)

• CloudconeCloudcone Member, Patron Provider

PremiumN said: Has this been released yet?

Yeah, was updated across all. Try manually forcing an update.

• edited November 2015

@Jar

Version 0.9.8-16

Reseller plugin
    Mail Cluster <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    IPv6 Dual-Stack Support
    The release is sceduled on December

Thanked by 1Cloudcone
  • Those features are something Kloxo offered for free, but the developers are starving because nobody donated to the project, and many complained a lot for something free.

Yep, VestaCP developers should be filling up their plates, pay the bills, put their children to college, see the movie.

• @vRozenSch00n said:
    Those features are something Kloxo offered for free, but the developers are starving because nobody donated to the project, and many complained a lot for something free.

Yep, VestaCP developers should be filling up their plates, pay the bills, put their children to college, see the movie.

Is this the panel with all the security issues and the a-hole developers denying it? if so, let them starve. If not, they should just ask a few $(currency)'s per month, or let people buy an unlimited license for a bit more $(currency). Good stuff ain't always free.

• @Raymii said:
    Is this the panel with all the security issues and the a-hole developers denying it?

I think you are talking about zpanel?

VestaCP did have some security flaws, but it is to be expected with a small amount of developers contributing to it.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited November 2015

PremiumN said: but it is to be expected with a small amount of developers contributing to it.

Microsoft has lots of coders working on Windows. This is why Windows is free of security flaws. ;-)

Thanked by 3GM2015 jvnadr classy
  • Agreed. Never had a microsoft computer go down because of viruses or other crapware from the internet. Now, with windows 10, all my files are scanned, uploaded to microsoft and archived before they can touch my windows files! Such safety.

Amitz said: Microsoft has lots of coders working on Windows. This is why Windows is free of security flaws. ;-)

Thanked by 1jvnadr
  • vRozenSch00nvRozenSch00n Member
    edited November 2015

Raymii said: Is this the panel with all the security issues and the a-hole developers denying it? if so, let them starve. If not, they should just ask a few $(currency)'s per month, or let people buy an unlimited license for a bit more $(currency). Good stuff ain't always free.

Yep, that's the one (not the one audited by Sven). They should have look for a funding schema like what VestaCP do right now, and provide quality software (if they cannot do it by themselves, hire a good programmer). In this case I think it's a matter of leadership, broer. Several providers pulled their support of free boxes, but that's the way it is. :)

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

what about the ipv6 support

TinyTunnel_Tom said: Mail Cluster

Yeah, still waiting to see what they think a mail cluster means. I'm thinking it just means your DNS slaves will relay mail to the primary. A legit cluster is a bit more involved than I think they realize. Though, more power to them if they pull it off. They'd be the only affordable premade mail cluster that exists that I'm aware of.

• Why pay for a file manager? WebFTP works fine for me if you want a "web file manager"

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2015

Only 2Checkout as a payment option? That's strange. Normally the only time I see people using only 2Checkout is when Paypal closes their account and won't let them have another one.

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

@Raymii said:
    Is this the panel with all the security issues and the a-hole developers denying it? if so, let them starve. If not, they should just ask a few $(currency)'s per month, or let people buy an unlimited license for a bit more $(currency). Good stuff ain't always free.

would you mind sharing the security issues and proof its denial from the developers....

and when you say good stuff aint always free , you mean to say vestacp (free edition), ispcp, imscp, ispconfig, feathur, webuzo (free edition), webmin, froxlor, snetora, Ajenti, zpanel,... and many more...
    arent good...

@Raymii, you should think before commenting,.... atleast in this manner...

and @Raymii one more question, have you contributed to the community/society either in any free stuff or and paid/commercial version stuff (of-course, here i am talking about server management software)

do reply back, if you have answers to these as yes....

else do post a sorry, cos you should not complain about things which are free and nobody supporting it...

Thanked by 1MikeA
  • agentmishra said: and when you say good stuff aint always free , you mean to say vestacp (free edition), ispcp, imscp, ispconfig, feathur, webuzo (free edition), webmin, froxlor, snetora, Ajenti, zpanel,... and many more... arent good...

@Raymii doesn't mean free aren't good. The idea here is a good income will encourage good developer to perform better.

I remember the time when I have to code/data entry for food, barely enough to cover my minimum need.

• @vRozenSch00n said:
    @Raymii doesn't mean free aren't good.

Free software, without the scale of a company like Red Hat to make money just on support, doesn't generate a sustainable income. Therefore the developer interest will dabble and dwell away over time as life progresses and other important stuff, like family or actual work require more and more time. Also, any server/panel management in PHP 9 out of 10 times is full of holes and exploits.

Do note there are exceptions. Take Joey Hess for example, debian contributer and author of git-annex (great software). He lives a frugal self-sustaining life in a trailer off off solar energy and dial up. In that case, the crowdfunding campaigns allow him to work years on his software.

• vRozenSch00nvRozenSch00n Member
    edited November 2015

Raymii said: Also, any server/panel management in PHP 9 out of 10 times is full of holes and exploits.

This is very true.

Raymii said: Take Joey Hess for example

That's the real geek :P. Well, he is one of the few who lives by his own principle and believe. I respect him for that.

Thanked by 1vimalware

@agentmishra said:
    and @Raymii one more question, have you contributed to the community/society either in any free stuff or and paid/commercial version stuff (of-course, here i am talking about server management software)

He has contributed more than most (if not all) here, in my view. He's a long term contributor with quite a history of it.

• KuJoe said: Only 2Checkout as a payment option? That's strange. Normally the only time I see people using only 2Checkout is when Paypal closes their account and won't let them have another one.

Well, 2CO is in the end fine for the buyer - it works pretty well though in some countries the fraud checking shit can get very annoying.

It is very expensive for the seller and known to close accounts pretty randomly and not paying out balances, has long delay before payout, but is available in many countries where paypal is not - I guess the devs are somewhere in that area.

Thanked by 1KuJoe