Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostingBox | OpenVZ Resource Bundles | 6GB Ram | 150GB HDD | 4TB Bandwidth | $18/quarter
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostingBox | OpenVZ Resource Bundles | 6GB Ram | 150GB HDD | 4TB Bandwidth | $18/quarter

17brownj17brownj Member, Host Rep

We have a very special offer for you today. HostingBox is a newly launched brand. We encourage your feedback as it will help us grow. HostingBox specializes in Shared/Reseller, VPS, and Dedicated Hosting. Our goal is to offer high quality products at a low end cost.

What are these resource pools? With these you are assigned a certain set of resources and you are allowed to create and destroy servers on demand.

Resource Bundles (OpenVZ)

LET 1GB

• 1GB RAM
  • 25 GB Storage
  • 500GB Bandwidth
  • 2 Cores
  • 2 IPv4

$3/Month or $20/year
Order Now

LET 2GB

• 2GB RAM
  • 50 GB Storage
  • 1TB Bandwidth
  • 2 Cores
  • 2 IPv4

$4/Month or $30/year
Order Now

LET 3GB

• 3GB RAM
  • 75 GB Storage
  • 2TB Bandwidth
  • 3 Cores
  • 3 IPv4

$5/Month or $38/year
Order Now

LET 4GB

• 4GB RAM
  • 100 GB Storage
  • 3TB Bandwidth
  • 4 Cores
  • 4 IPv4

$6/Month or $48/year
Order Now

LET 6GB (Very Limited Offer)

• 6GB RAM
  • 150 GB Storage
  • 4TB Bandwidth
  • 6 Cores
  • 6 IPv4

$18/quarter
Order Now

Resource Bundles are located in Lenoir, North Carolina.

Payment Methods:
PayPal
Credit Card
Bitcoin

Comments

• Hosting Box is a newly launched brand, but I bought two, has been stable job,

my only advice is to KVM plan early release

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

What panel do we have access to create and control our VPS?

• 17brownj17brownj Member, Host Rep

@trewq said:
    What panel do we have access to create and control our VPS?

We use SolusVM as the control panel. You create and destroy everything from within the client area though.

• add kvm and you'll +1 customer.

@qq7119 & @ehab Please send us a ticket and we may be able to work out something in KVM :)

• Very comfortable price tags. Hope will have DDoS protection and please PM me for KVM details.

@seikan Please send us a ticket and we'll get something set up for you :)

• amistleyamistley Member
    edited November 2015

After signing up for their quarterly plan, I have been a bit concerned by the security of HostingBox's systems.

When I signed up, I had my panel password (which I had chosen at the time of signup) emailed to me, in plain text format. Root passwords for the boxes are also viewable from the panel (even if you change it, the new password is still shown).

However, most concerning of all was the fact that their panel is not protected by https.

The whole 'bundle' idea is ruined by the fact that you can't dynamically reallocate resources between machines. The 'Resources' page states:

"To free more resources use "Scale" option in each server overview section.",

yet there is no 'Scale' option in the server overview section.

amistley said: However, most concerning of all was the fact that their panel is not protected by https

Our panel does use HTTPS https://hostingbox.us/manage/

amistley said: The whole 'bundle' idea is ruined by the fact that you can't dynamically reallocate resources between machines. The 'Resources' page states

I'm working with the developer to bring the feature to the panel. In the meantime you can create a ticket and we'll do it manually.

• And plain text passwords?