Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Large Storage VPS Canada
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Large Storage VPS Canada

agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

Hey all!

Looking for a bit of a custom VM. Would like to have 100-200gb of disk space. Can be HDD but ssd would be nice.

Would like 4GB of RAM. Don't think cpu matters much nor does bandwidth. I plan to use it for OwnCloud and a blog.

Was thinking of picking up a kimsufi but I don't really need a dedi.

Let me know if you've got something to offer. If you don't have a Canadian location then east coast only please.

Comments

• I have ovh canada nodes?
    would that work?
    with virtualizor?

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

@timnboys how long you been around?

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2015

We can do this on Luna Node in Toronto:

• RAM: 4 GB
    • vCPU: 2
    • Bandwidth: 2 TB
    • Storage: 150 GB on Ceph volume
    • Price: $17.30/mo ($14 for SSD LL4096, $3.3 for 110 GB additional volume-backed storage)

This is the SSD LL4096 plan on volume storage (not local SSD). You can create a volume of 150 GB, and then provision SSD LL4096 VM from it. Alternatively, our SSD 4096 plan has 70 GB local SSD with 4 vCPU and 3 TB bandwidth for $28/mo.

Thanked by 1vimalware

@perennate no idea what that means?

edited November 2015

agoldenberg said: no idea what that means?

The VM disk is stored on a Ceph volume, which can be any size you want (up to 500 GB). With the SSD LL4096 plan and a 150 GB volume, the price is $17.30/mo. The $3.3/mo for 110 GB additional storage is because storage is $0.03/GB/mo, and the SSD LL4096 comes with 40 GB storage.

If you opt to use local storage, then the disk size is fixed (you cannot choose any size you want). The SSD 4096 plan has 70 GB local SSD RAID10 storage, 4 vCPU, and 3 TB bandwidth for $28/mo.

@perennate thanks but at that price I'd sooner pay the extra $4 for a kimsufi

• timnboystimnboys Member
    edited November 2015

@agoldenberg said:
    timnboys how long you been around?

The earliest record I can find of me doing business on let is January of this year so I have been in business for almost a year now.

edited November 2015

agoldenberg said: thanks but at that price I'd sooner pay the extra $4 for a kimsufi

Yes, if HDD is fine and you don't care about the CPU then KS-2 is probably your best option.

• Ovh is probably you best bet for this.

• 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited November 2015

@agoldenberg said:

This guy posts people's public information on LET. Just an FYI. (@timnboys)

Thanked by 1IThinkUFailed

Thanks for the info @0xdragon! Definitely won't be going there. @MarkTurner tis looking that way. Was hoping I could snag something in the $7-10 area

• @agoldenberg said:

Yeah as 0xdragon said I would not touch his shit(timnboys) with a 10 foot barge pole.

Can only really suggest a kimsufi being your best bet in regards to reliability...

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

Feel free to contact us. We have many node in Canada and all over the US East Cost. http://gdbi.pw/contact

Regards, David

Decided to just bite the bullet and get a kimsufi. Thanks all! Mods can close this one :)

Lucked out and got one with a 2TB drive! Woo hoo!

Thanked by 1perennate
  • @agoldenberg said:
    Lucked out and got one with a 2TB drive! Woo hoo!

Sweet! Nice deal!