Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

how to extend primary partition of centos ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

how to extend primary partition of centos ?

kumarasellkumarasell Member
edited November 2015 in General

i have installed virtualizor but i need to increase primary partition of centos
because i can not add os template (both are 40+gb)

Number  Start   End     Size    File system     Name     Flags
 1      20.5kB  1049kB  1029kB                  primary  bios_grub
 2      2097kB  21.0GB  21.0GB  ext3            primary  raid
 3      21.0GB  2000GB  1979GB  ext4            primary  raid
 4      2000GB  2000GB  536MB   linux-swap(v1)  primary

pls help me
thanks

Comments

• As you are not using LVM resizing the partitions is going to potentially be quite a bit of faf. It is possible but you'll need to do it while the root partition is mounted readonly or preferably while booted from another instance (a live CD for instance). Assuming this is a remote server not a local one: do you have access to a KVM?

An alternative is to move some data off the root partition into that larger one - most things can be synlinked from one partition to another so you could perhaps move the directory that holds your OS templates this way? I can give you steps to achieve that if you provide a bit more information about your current layout (the output of "df -h" and the location of your templates directory for a start).

Even simpler: can you simply tell virtualizor that you want to install and use them from a different location? I've never used it so I can't help you there but it is an option I'd expect to find. Unless someone else here is an expert their support forums would be the best place to ask about that.

• @MeAtExampleDotCom said:
    As you are not using LVM resizing the partitions is going to potentially be quite a bit of faf. It is possible but you'll need to do it while the root partition is mounted readonly or preferably while booted from another instance (a live CD for instance). Assuming this is a remote server not a local one: do you have access to a KVM?

An alternative is to move some data off the root partition into that larger one - most things can be synlinked from one partition to another so you could perhaps move the directory that holds your OS templates this way? I can give you steps to achieve that if you provide a bit more information about your current layout (the output of "df -h" and the location of your templates directory for a start).

Even simpler: can you simply tell virtualizor that you want to install and use them from a different location? I've never used it so I can't help you there but it is an option I'd expect to find. Unless someone else here is an expert their support forums would be the best place to ask about that.

Hi thanks i contact virtualizor team and they solve my problem