Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Things companies are willing to pay (small amounts) for
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Things companies are willing to pay (small amounts) for

Hi,

I'm looking for new business oppertunities. Renting out your skillset or charging for a product has always been an obvious one.

But now I am wondering if there are things many businesses could use, without financial implications. There's enough info about this online, but I am curious about the small to enterprise companies here on LET.

Is there something you would love for $1/mo, $10/mo, $0.10/thing etc.

Let's collaborate a little, maybe we give someone else a great idea and all become better in the process!

Comments

• @MrGeneral will take a dedi for $1/mo if you've got any going.

• Even if you'd get a worn out android phone as $1/mo dedi, there's the pain in the actual purchase / transaction (you're evaluating if it's worth your $1)

• @kcaj said:
    MrGeneral will take a dedi for $1/mo if you've got any going.

Then try to sell it?

• Jonchun said: Then try to sell it?

And then complain everyone's too cheap when people want him to do them a deal.

• From the looks of it, @MrGeneral has gone on a winter campaign against his addiction to lowendtalk. He may not be able to answer any of your questions or accept any of your business offers(with NC clause of course) until further notice.

Thanked by 2Issam2204 MikePT
  • Did he ask for a ban or was he brutally taken out?

• Go and inspect the open-source conversation here:
    http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/66857/what-s-happening-with-leb/p1

Issam2204 said: Did he ask for a ban or was he brutally taken out?

Thanked by 1Issam2204
  • classy said: Renting out your skillset or charging for a product has always been an obvious one.

I don't think you will be able to run from that.

You're either providing a service, or selling a product. That's not 'an obvious one' is the way capitalism works.

Unless you're considering offering services that you're not skilled or scamming people out of imaginary products. But it would still be a service, and a product, shit ones for sre. However still services and products.

To be honest, unless you can provide more details on what kind of business oportunity you're looking this thread will be pretty much pointless. There are a bunch of things business need, and it's change a lot depending on the kind of business, location, working hours, etc.

• @Aga said:

There used to be ways to make a couple of bucks (say 20/mo) using "simple" platforms like adf.ly, but I haven't been around in that scene for a long while.

I am curious what is possible, I don't expect to earn any real money as you might call it.

• Well, you ought to aim a little higher than that.

classy said: There used to be ways to make a couple of bucks (say 20/mo) using "simple" platforms like adf.ly, but I haven't been around in that scene for a long while.

I am curious what is possible, I don't expect to earn any real money as you might call it.

• classy said: There used to be ways to make a couple of bucks (say 20/mo) using "simple" platforms like adf.ly

However that's still a service and a product.

Adf.ly sell ads for companies and pay people for the service of spreading those ads. You can still make beer money with adf.ly, shorte.st, coinurl.com and the likes.

Maybe I misread your OP, for me it sounded like you were asking for things business would pay for it, not things business would use to make small amount of money. Would you mind to clarify that for me?

• @Aga said:

I meant not setting up a service for others to use.

I don't know how to explain it best but your description of earning "beer money" is pretty accurate. I just want to experiment with these microservice and learn about new ones (granted they do actually pay out something) :-)

• @classy in that case you could give /r/beermoney a try.

• An interesting service would be pen testing that is free if you don't manage to get in to my system and pays out handsomely if you do.