Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH SSD VPS 1 VS Public Cloud SSD VPS 1? Same? Difference? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH SSD VPS 1 VS Public Cloud SSD VPS 1? Same? Difference?

2»

Comments

• Don't think private networks are available yet. The say it's due 'Late this year'. Nor can you add more IPs

• neqste said: There are two options for billing at cloud intance VPSes: per month (if you buy it once, then remove it after few days -> you still will pay your 3euros(!!!)).

Wow what a surprise...

Thanks for the list / comparison though

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited November 2015

@vimalware said:
    Do any of these feature volume snapshots? If yes, which lines?

with their public cloud range you can do snapshots - even on that SSD line. they charge 0,04 € per GB per month - haven't used it yet, so can't say a lot about things like compression etc. (probably I should just try, as I do have a bit of credits left ^^) ed: just see below ;-)

additional IPs on the other hands can be ordered with their normal SSD range, AFAIK up to 16 for only setup fee (like SYS).
    within their public cloud range, I haven't seen an option for that by now... but there is already an option to import failover IPs - don't know if this will work, as I have none to try ;-)

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • out of curiosity, just tried their backup-service by setting up one of their cpu-instances within their public cloud. sadly they do charge a full 200GB of disk-space at 0,04€ per GB per month for that one as a snapshot :(

for sure the freshly installed system wont need that much space and their hasn't been any file creation/removal which may lead to larger snapshots then used space...

admin@server-1:~$ sudo df -h
    Filesystem                                              Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    rootfs                                                  197G  1.1G  186G   1% /

would have been much more worth it, if they only charge the real consumption of a compressed backup.

btw: did a fast geekbench on that cpu instance called EG-7 (the one ~30 €p.m.) if someone is interested in... http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench3/4174496

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • GeekoineGeekoine Member
    edited December 2015

@ZweiTiger said:
    neqste said:

Thank you!

I think if you need stabilty then public cloud SSD VPS 1 , if you need more DDOS protection then SSD VPS 1

VPS Cloud has Ddos protection pro

• @Falzo said:

I have a VPS cloud on GRA DC: 3.1 Ghz