Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is a ThemeForest theme really a deal breaker? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is a ThemeForest theme really a deal breaker?

2»

Comments

• I don't care if site is paid template - in budget hosts segment. What annoy me more is "contact" page which redirect to anonymous WHMCS form... without any real "fact" about company.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

It's not bad but the drawing on the front page reminds me of the pictures my friends drew in high school which doesn't portray any form of professionalism. Although, maybe the clients you are aiming for are the young gamers in which case it might work.

edited November 2011

@Spirit good point but sometimes that's all we have (unless you want a P.O. Box address and a voicemail number). :)

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited November 2011

@KuJoe said: but sometimes that's all we have. :)

Someone should donate you phone or something :P

More seriously. I noticed that EU hosting companies are often more strict with that. I see there more often real address, vat number, business number, office phone, etc... Those things give to company bigger credibility in potential customer eyes.
    It's no needed to be big company to provide that and even ordinary LEB one-man-host/non-registered-business can disclose something more than public nickname and anonymous WHMCS contact form -> often as only way to get in touch with this anonymous "company".

We will not be offer phone or e-mail support anytime soon due to costs involved. When people call me I tell them to open a ticket.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited November 2011

@KuJoe said: We will not be offer phone or e-mail support anytime soon due to costs involved.

It's not about you (I didn't even check your contact site yet) neither about offering support. But I am pretty sure that you understand that and you know what I mean.

edit.
    I checked your page now. You have also WHMCS contact form but your contact form wouldn't bother me because you compensate lack of info with decent "About us" page. Most "about us" (aka we are here to provide top quality service, bla bla..) pages in hosting industry don't tell me anything serious about company. They are standard self-bragging meaningless templates which dont include any facts except c/p from their DC introduction. Your introduction is better. It give some credibility to your company -> and this is what I am talking about.

edited November 2011

I see what you're saying, we could include our company information even though it is of little use to guests and clients it will reassure them better.

• i usually read facts, company data, datacenter and peering info, try to guess what kind of neighbors i will find in my node reading aup, don't care about website templates. I try to only buy annual contracts (my time to setup/move a host is a cost) so for me uptime is more important than 500GB traffic or a very low price.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@Spirit It's the law here in the UK set by the trading and standards authority if you are dealing with money etc.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited November 2011

@Infinity said: It's the law here in the UK set by the trading and standards authority if you are dealing with money etc.

I know. I think that similar standards are in use for whole EU. It's not that anyone from us would need all those infos, I mean how many clients need/user company office address anyway, but still.. it's good to see it. Or some real introduction/name as I see at @KuJoe company site. This give me confidence that those people aren't here just to pick my money and vanish with it.
    Nicknames are good for forum, chat rooms, etc... but when I pay something with my real name included I expect same from other side. I don't want to deal with anonymous "leading host in industry" nicknames when I order service with my real name/home address.

• Some datacenters don't allow you to list details on third party sites as they consider it a security risk.

I must admit that I did a double take with Tim's site and it does bother me. Maybe it's like that to scare away those who aren't serious about their hosting.

I used to have a client who "duped" popular sites and made them into downloadabe versions. While I didn't mind it and there was enough differences within the sites to advoid copyright concerns, I had to ToS the guy because it turned out he was reusing the images and I had a site prove to me that he was doing so. (The image had a signature within it.)