Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cpanel - backup feature is NOT working
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cpanel - backup feature is NOT working

Cpanel

Backup Feature is NOT working.

None of the options (local directory, remote server, TCP).

Account Backups
You do not have any automatically generated backups that are currently available. Your server administrator or server owner must enable this feature."

The admin is trying to solve this problem for 2 days. Maybe it is VERY HARD to enable this feature.

Do you know how this can be done?

First time I had this problem.

During this time, HOW CAN I BACKUP the server without using this feature?

The last tentative:

(Sat Oct 31 22:48:04 2015) [failed, timeout]

Comments

• You could go via the cPanel backups and select Home directory for your backup? That generates a backup as requested...

• It works fine for me via FTP, what version cPanel are you using? Share a screenshot of your backup settings please

• Alternatively you can take backup by just going to File manager > Zip All files > Download it

And for Database/SQL , Just go to PhpMyAdmin, and Export your database.

• @IThinkUFailed said:
    You could go via the cPanel backups and select Home directory for your backup? That generates a backup as requested...

As I wrote, none of the options worked. Neither home directory.

@linuxthefish said:
    It works fine for me via FTP, what version cPanel are you using? Share a screenshot of your backup settings please

I think this will not be necessary. The Admin fixed the problem. Now the backups are working (at least, they look like working).

@JUNAID said:
    Alternatively you can take backup by just going to File manager > Zip All files > Download it

And for Database/SQL , Just go to PhpMyAdmin, and Export your database.

Will I not lose mail data? Or it is in the HOME directory?
    By the way, now I do not need to backup this way.
    I could read in the Cpanel's forum a few options inside WHM. But I could not adjust it, only the Admins.

I'd like to thank everyone who tried to give any suggestion.

Mod, please CLOSE the thread.

Have a nice week, guys!

• Capitalising words inappropriately is inappropriate.

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • a ticket instead of a thread would have sufficed :P
    obviously since you do not have root access, it's a waste of time

• If you are not the admin of the server, then why don't you just contact your hosting provider ?

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • DragonDF said: The admin is trying to solve this problem for 2 days. Maybe it is VERY HARD to enable this feature.

Do you know how this can be done?

The ticket was created. And as I wrote, last time this happened, it took months.

Backup feature can be configured in the WHM, not by a reseller.

• century1stopcentury1stop Member
    edited November 2015

@DragonDF said:
    guess if backup is needed, you'll have to move on. every provider I've used had backup activated in whm. fyi, our whm/cpanel services backup thrice a week.