Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone here with a Hetzner VPS?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone here with a Hetzner VPS?

Dear all,

as the title subtly implies: Is there anyone here with a Hetzner VPS (CX Line) willing to share some benchmarks, impressions with uptime and noisy neighbours and all that could be interesting? I have some dedicated servers with them, am quite happy and now considering testing their VMs.
https://www.hetzner.de/ot/hosting/produktmatrix_vserver/vserver-produktmatrix

Thanks a lot for any input in advance!

Kind regards
-A

Comments

• ZweiTigerZweiTiger Member
    edited October 2015

I saw 1,1GB io speed and a wonderful network with 80mb/s download/upload speed. I will find the benchmark. Dont know where i saw it.

• me interested too...!

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited October 2015

Okay... I had one drink too many this night and ordered their smallest package CX10. Then I had another drink and did some of the typical tests. Then I had another drink and decided that I do not really need a further VM but rather more sex and cancelled it with immediate effect.

Then I had another drink, was pleased with myself and went to sleep.
    Unfortunately - because of all those drinks - I did not save the results of those tests. But here is what I remember:

• Disk I/O with the notorious dd test was around 400 MB/s+ within 10 tests.

• IOPing showed values around 2.5k IOPS and around 10.0 MB/s.

• Network (bench.sh) was not showing the same high speeds like my dedicated servers with them, but still most locations delivered 100 Mbps+. Cachefly was around 60 MB/s.

• Just the CPU was a bit on the slower side. An E5 vcore with 2.0 Ghz. Not awfully slow, but slower than other VMs with E3 processors. That simple PHP benchmark thing from here http://www.php-benchmark-script.com/ was executed in around 5.0 seconds.

As said, I was a bit drunk and do not remember everything, but that was it quintessentially. I should have kept it a bit longer for a geekbench or so, but that scottish whisky told me to act different.

Maybe that helps some of you anyway.

Kind regards
    -A

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited October 2015

I did run a geekbench some time ago on their cx20 if I remember correctly... posted it aorund here in another thread... going to seek for it found it ;-)

http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench3/3471556

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited October 2015

@Falzo Great, thanks!
    Do you still have the VPS?

• Forget the Hetzner VPS. How were the drinks? What kind of drinks were they? Have any snacks with them?

Thanked by 2vimalware thagoat
  • Great drinks! :-)
    It started with some refreshing Gin & Tonic to stop with a nice scottish cask whisky from my year of birth. Complete "format week:". I just had some crackers and french cheese with it. Absolutely no hangover today, so worth every second. :-)

Thanked by 2Bochi vimalware
  • @Amitz said:
    Falzo Great, thanks!
    Do you still have the VPS?

no, sorry. didn't really needed it, I only ordered it out of curiosity to test and play around with and cancelled within their 14 day trial period without any costs... ;-)

• @Falzo said:
    no, sorry. didn't really needed it, I only ordered it out of curiosity to test and play around with and cancelled within their 14 day trial period without any costs... ;-)

Same as me! :-)

• The evening Whiskey & the morning VPS: Feel free to start a Pub for our kind.

• Thanks for digging up an old thread for whisky