Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Web Control Panel? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best Web Control Panel?

2»

Comments

• @MikeIn said: No, I think cPanel is having the title of over-all popularity.

you will not find any isp in Germany/Austria/Switzerland that by Default offers you cPanel. It's not very known here. Confixx and Plesk and SysCP are the most common ones. As I said, cPanel is the most favoured one in northern america and it's willingly depending countries (asia etc.)

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@curtisg said: ZPanel would come in like 4th if we went from best control panels to worst.

Then you must have considered only 4 panels. ZPanel security is terrible.

• @joepie91 said: Then you must have considered only 4 panels. ZPanel security is terrible.

I work on their security audit team and it is fantastic.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@Spencer said: I work on their security audit team and it is fantastic.

There's a time and a place for trolling. That time is not now, and that place is not here.

• Piebomb™

• In case you missed it earlier, I was wondering for a shared hosting environment. SSH is no doubt the most efficient and flexible, but not at all practical.

• japonjapon Member
    edited December 2012

@Jack said: I have never played with Plesk so I would like to do so.

AFAIK you can get a free Trial license. However, I have no idea how much a normal license would cost. Just used it as a Client.

Having a look at their own shop they sell the unlimited license for ~$40/month. However, I have no idea if that's a good deal or not.

There's also a comparison of Plesk and cPanel. However, made by Plesk, so it may not be very neutral.

• @Jack said: Does anyone know where you can get cheap Plesk licenses with VPS's? I have never played with Plesk so I would like to do so. What's normal pricing on it?

Here is your link;

http://www.netsys-online.com/en/parallels/endkunden.html