Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

13 Million Passwords Leaked - 000WebHost - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

13 Million Passwords Leaked - 000WebHost

124»

Comments

• I very rarely need passwords when I'm out, and I'm home most of the time - so, a little book works just fine. However, it goes back years so it can sometimes be hard to find something old. To solve that problem I'm migrating to a text file on a separate "unhackable" machine.

• HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Top Host, Host Rep

coolhunter2223 said: 000webhost is good but not as expected.Hostgator is better than this.

They're both bad.

• Damn either Admin or Administrator username has been pawned.

• @coolhunter2223 said:
    000webhost is good but not as expected.Hostgator is better than this.

What a joker this guy is!

• someone sent me a small part of the db (around 200k user) and I gotta admit, it looks really funny. I bet most of them use the same email+password of other websites. At least I found a good % use temp emails xD.

• @Four20 said:
    someone sent me a small part of the db (around 200k user) and I gotta admit, it looks really funny. I bet most of them use the same email+password of other websites. At least I found a good % use temp emails xD.

Wow, you only got the sample. I've got the full database, and I've analysed it and am preparing a write-up on it shortly. The passwords are very pathetic - the most common... "abc[0-9]"

• ToggledNSToggledNS Member
    edited November 2015

Simple statistics for those interested...

Passwords:

Weak passwords, abc[0-9] is common, and a bunch of other public, weak variants of passwords.

Emails:

Which email providers were used the most?

gmail.com: 4,817,080 records

yahoo.com: 2,907,887 records

hotmail.*: 2,802,365 records

hotmail.com: 2,518,081 records

aol.com: 306,819 records

outlook.com: 115,414 records

yandex.com: 35,392 records

gmx.com: 25,560 records

comcast.net: 7751 records

verizon.net: 2492 records

protonmail.ch: 93 records

protonmail.com: 61 records

If you'd like to know if you're in the database, email me: [email protected] with the email you'd like to have searched, and if it's there I'll provide the DB entry (ownership of email proof is required to obtain entry).

Database size for those wondering is over 800 MB decompressed.

• Is there any way to find the full DB on the web? According to haveibeenpwned 2 of my emails are on the dump but I can't remember at all which passwords I used for them

• ToggledNSToggledNS Member
    edited November 2015

@gsrdgrdghd said:
    Is there any way to find the full DB on the web? According to haveibeenpwned 2 of my emails are on the dump but I can't remember at all which passwords I used for them

Send me an email and I'll tell you the passwords.

[email protected]

I have the full DB.

PGP: http://toggled.net/key.gpg