Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SolarVM.com - CHEAP VPS Server - 1Gbit @ 500 GB - NL ($7.00)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SolarVM.com - CHEAP VPS Server - 1Gbit @ 500 GB - NL ($7.00)

solarvmsolarvm Member
edited December 2012 in Offers

Looking for a cheap bargain on servers? Need the price of shared hosting, the scaleability of a VPS and the resource gurantee of dedicated? Don't look further!

Special LEB 2012 Offer (Coupon code LEB_700):

BASIC
$0.01 / HOUR or $7.00 / month
CPU Cores: 1 vCore
RAM Capacity: 512MB RAM
Disk Space: 20 GB
Bandwidth: 500 GB @ 1Gbps
Based on OpenVZ
Geolocation: Ecatel, The Netherlands

Click here to make your account!

Includes:
Full featured SolarControl Panel
Managed Phone, Livechat and ticket support
99.9% Uptime
Hourly billing & instant up and downscale.

Visit http://www.solarvm.com for more information and ordering.

Comments

• Uh forgive me but isn't 0.01 x 730 hours = $7.30 dollars a month? are you giving credit notes or something to make it meet the LEB guidelines?

• solarvmsolarvm Member
    edited December 2012

@PhilND

When you enter the coupon code and deposit $7.00 you will receive $7.20.
    You only pay $7.00! And 1 month = 720 hours. (24 * 30)

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

@solarvm said: Coupon code LEB_700 first month

So is this a non-recurring discount?

• @rm_
    Sorry, it is a recurring discount. Changed it.

• If it was recurring I would have bought 1 right now.

• The minimal amount to top up is $7.2. Your credit will be added instantly.

Well isn't that sure convenient...

• @gubbyte
    Try to enter $7.00 with your coupon code. It'll work.

• @solarvm said: Special LEB 2012 Offer (Coupon code LEB_700 first month):

Only first month?

• I updated the post. Its not first month, you can keep using it!

• I am still wondering WHEN you will implement something simple like buying an SSL certificate, and something simple like a quick link for your TOS from your home page...

• @yomero
    Added the ToS link for you. I'll purchase Cloudflare's SSL.

• on title "1Gbit @ 4TB", but your offer only provide "Bandwidth: 500 GB @ 1Gbps"

• @arieonline
    Sorry, fixed.

• Im guessing this is OpenVZ ... is it so? @solarvm did not mentioned it in the post

• erhwegesrgsrerhwegesrgsr Member
    edited December 2012

Seems like you made lots of mistakes, including:

Please be informative in your offers. Please list out basic specifications (amount of memory, storage space, monthly data/bandwidth and port speed), virtualization method (Xen, OpenVZ, KVM, etc), data center location and a test IP would be ideal.

Oh and:

have been registered for 7 days

You have been here 6 days :p

• @BronzeByte
    Done it.

And I would be here 6 days if I registered at 0:00
    You're counting on the dates

• FYI these servers are being advertised on HF.

• @serverbear
    Doesn't make any sense, it's just advertising not that we allow illegal activity.

• We still sell this and remember to use the coupon!

• Geolocation: Ecatel, The Netherlands

@serverbear said: FYI these servers are being advertised on HF.

Usually means a lot of spammers, brute force bots, and other abusive uses on the server. It is known Ecatel does not usually honor DMCA and is home to a lot of DDOS/spam. To boot you are promoting it on a hacker forum... geez... it is called connect the dots (logic)..... obviously your trying to be one of those 'offshore' hosts.

If you want good customers who actually intend to make use of your nodes instead of abuse them, consider not advertising on a hackers forum and bringing a slightly better deal here and people will likely jump on it. Right now, however, I will pass... and if people are wise, most of them will too. (Unless they are spammers who want a nice 'offshore' haven)

Good luck with this.

Cheers!

• @ TheLinuxBug
    We don't let our nodes be abused, I got 24/7 monitor going on with SMS notification. If we find any abusive client, we terminate them.

Regarding DMCA, we do not care indeed. We believe in freedom of speech, that doens't mean that we promote illegal activity.

We have a ToS that clearly states that no DDoSing / Spamming / Phishing / ... is allowed and will enforce these rules. We have many people hosting Minecraft servers and are happy with the network.

I hope I have made myself clear, and changed your mind.

Oh, soon expanding to the USA too so zero-tolerance on all listed here above.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited December 2012

Still the flaw in your logic was advertising on HF. You can tell me till you are blue in the face that you do not allow something, but posting on HF is basically like throwing sand in my face while you tell me that. It hurts my eyes and the pain makes me not want to believe you, even if you are being honest.

• @TheLinuxBug
    I understand you but we try to advertise on as many sites as possible to get our word spread.

• Well HF is not the place to get the word out if you want to have a reputable business. Just saying.

Anyhow, hope you have a happy holiday!

Cheers!

• @TheLinuxBug
    Thanks! You too!