Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any experience with HostWithLinux?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any experience with HostWithLinux?

Hi guys,

I am just wondering how long do you wait for a reply from HostWithLinux...

I opened a ticket a few days ago, no reply... Even directly contacted linuxthefish with this site's PM or Skype..

Now it's already 3 days after....still no reply...

Comments

• I have a 3GB VPS with them. I too had several timeouts.
    @linuxthefish

• Wasn't this company sold a few months back?

• halczyhalczy Member
    edited October 2015

I had two VPS with them, one of their node keep going down every other day and my VPS wouldn't boot up when the node comes back up. Have to go into the SolusVM to boot it up everytime. Submitted a ticket and didn't get any response ever. So I submitted a cancellation request, after a week of no response, to cancel the services at the end of the billing period. Before my billing period is up, both of my VPS got deleted along with that unanswered ticket.

Keep in mind this was before they were supposedly sold, not sure if it is the same with the current owner.

• NixtrenNixtren Member
    edited October 2015

I believe HostWithLinux has been sold, but @linuxthefish is still around to help the new owner(s).

• 18 days ... LOL =))

• @sutichbuon said:
    18 days ... LOL =))

That's what I call LowEndSupport

Thanked by 1IgniteServers
  • Is this fixed now?

• XiNiXXiNiX Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2015

@linuxthefish said:
    Is this fixed now?

Are you still incharge. I mean, Is the company sold ?

• @XiNiX said:
    Are you still incharge. I mean, Is the company sold ?

Shouldn't the customers know if its been sold? Surely they would have been informed?

• @linuxthefish said:
    Is this fixed now?

Mine one is now back to normal...

• Had one in their SL HK location, and it downed 17 times during 3 days.

• @linuxthefish Are you guys still running the business? My site has been down for 1 week already. I opened a ticket 4 days ago still no one responses yet.

• I am having same issues, website down for too long and no reply. All I see is - account suspended page.

HostWithLinux client area tells me everything is ok...

Poor show.

• would like to use it before, but after a very short research, I got numerous negative reviews about them from another forum. Shits more horrible than this happens everyday. dude, do research before buying. not only decent one but anyone can get in this industry....

• I have service with them in LA (was Chicago). VPS seems stable. Been up for 100 days. But I haven't been using it nor had a need to contact support in 3+ months.

Didn't know the company was sold either. I don't understand why VPS companies try to be secretive about these kinds of things.

• bookstackbookstack Member
    edited December 2015

Been with HostWithLinux for 9 months.

In 9 months, Pingdom reports 13 outages, 4 hours downtime accumulated(probed in 1min interval) with 99.93% uptime. I think that is pretty decent.

FYI: Linode offers 99.9% uptime guarantee.