Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any east coast offers similar to SpeedyKVM.com's SSD plans?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any east coast offers similar to SpeedyKVM.com's SSD plans?

See title.

Comments

• @angrysnarl said:
    See title.

What specifically about the plans are you looking for the storage or price or what? Just thought I would ask I have a server in Canada good speeds to most of the east coast.

• Looking for very similar specs and pricing. Can do without the $1/mo/IP bit, although that would be a plus.

• IgniteServersIgniteServers Member
    edited October 2015

@angrysnarl said:
    Looking for very similar specs and pricing. Can do without the $1/mo/IP bit, although that would be a plus.

If Canada would be a good location for you as the speeds are very good on the east coast I can get you something setup, can give you a 24 hours trial to test your speed or anything else you need to test.

• angrysnarlangrysnarl Member
    edited October 2015

Actually nvm, I'll have to decline. Thanks anyway.

Thanked by 1IgniteServers
  • I'm still looking btw, just said no to the offer above.

• East Coast KVM with 1GB RAM and 50 GB SSD storage for $48 a year? It going to be hard I guess.

Thanked by 1angrysnarl
  • Don't worry, if you wait long enough the price will go up on SpeedyKVM too. The have a habit of baiting their customers in with cheap prices then later raising the price.

That said, I believe Incero is purposely selling those servers at an unsustainable price to steal business away from competition in the mean time. In other words, don't expect many people to try and match that price point as it isn't sustainable.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• @TheLinuxBug said:
    Don't worry, if you wait long enough the price will go up on SpeedyKVM too. The have a habit of baiting their customers in with cheap prices then later raising the price.

I assume you say this based on past experiences. Did existing customers get to keep grandfathered plans or were they affected by the price increase as well?

• SpeedyKVMSpeedyKVM Banned, Member

SpeedyKVM offers annual plans to lock in your pricing.

It's hard to believe the offers; but when you own the network, racks, and servers you have the scale to pass on great pricing. We don't need to make $300/node when renting a server, because we own the server (not rent it), we pay for only the power we use, we have our own staff etc. All the costs that people renting servers face, we do not.

Some people will always be debbie downers :-)

• bersybersy Member
    edited October 2015

You may want to check VPSie out, they offer KVM 768MB RAM and 10GB SSD for $4/m in NY.

Incero said: It's hard to believe the offers;

It was really hard to believe some days ago, when buykvm 50% off coupone was valid :)

I can also remember UltraVPS with their tempting KVM SSD offers in US, but that is Las Vegas.

Thanked by 1angrysnarl
  • Oh so now I have to type off the domain

How about you type off this:

o v h . c o m / u s / v p s / v p s - s s d . x m l

in Montreal or so

Thanked by 1angrysnarl
  • @4n0nx said:
    Oh so now I have to type off the domain

How about you type off this:

o v h . c o m / u s / v p s / v p s - s s d . x m l

in Montreal or so

Hah too bad I have that page in my browser history.

OVH is a pretty good option but I'd rather have the server in the US if at all possible.

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • angrysnarl said: OVH is a pretty good option but I'd rather have the server in the US if at all possible.

o ok. Oneprovider offers SSD KVM for $10/GB :(

Thanked by 1angrysnarl
  • armindsarminds Member, Host Rep

Is North Carolina OK with You?

• Wable, NY servers I guess? Hard to say without more info.

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • @smallet said:
    Wable, NY servers I guess? Hard to say without more info.

Wable is OpenVZ, I need KVM. Wable is owned by the same guys who own speedykvm btw. :)

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • We do indeed offer East Coast SSD plans, currently you can opt between Montreal, New York, Buffalo, Atlanta. They're all at 30% off, so the GB is currently $7/mo, recurring!