Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any recommendation for LowEndNotebook? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any recommendation for LowEndNotebook?

2»

Comments

• @Fritz said: So, are you suggesting Lenovo over all?

I really like mine and when the time comes for another laptop I'm only going to be looking at ThinkPads.

There seems to be some decent Outlet deals that I'm too lazy to link to on the X230 ($500-$600, reburb/scratch-dent) that may be worth exploring.

• FritzFritz Veteran
    edited December 2012

@zsero said: Lenovo pretty much doesn't mean anything. They make the Thinkpads, engineered in Japan, produced to very high standards, and they make the Ideapads, in totally different factories, totally different design teams, no driver support, etc. Normally people refer to Ideapads as Lenovo and Thinkpads as Thinkpads, and yes, lot of Ideapads were/are overheating/dying. Thinkpads are not.

I think you are right. They are referring to IdeaPad.
    Still, I don't want to spend more money for daily uses Notebook.

Are you guys familiar with HP and ASUS brands in US? Is the support good?
    My last Notebook was TOSHIBA, and it runs 20 hours a day with no problem.

Now, I can summarize that Lenovo IdeaPad is not recommended. :-)
    Two to go.

• zserozsero Member
    edited December 2012

@Fritz said: Still, I don't want to spend more money for daily uses Notebook.

I'm telling you to spend less.

I know it's not an easy to accept idea that a second hand notebook would have much less problems and much longer life than a new one, but some things are like this. If you'd buy a X61s or a X200 for <$300 example, it would serve you for years with 20 hours a day. If you can afford a bit more, the best deals are second hand X220's for about <$400. Most of the business models have 3 year warranty in the US, and all Thinkpads in Europe have 3 year warranty as standard.

Asus and HP are similar to Lenovo, it's just harder to differentiate. Asus makes very very cheap budget plastic notebooks, they are horrible. But they also make one of the best notebooks, like the G73 line! HP too: they have Elitebooks, what are just as good as Thinkpads (with a gorgeous but heavy magnesium-aluminium frame). On the other hand HP's cheap line is full of unreliable dying notebooks.

The big difference comes not in just pure hardware but in warranty services. Thinkpads have this look-on-bottom-no-questions-asked International warranty, what is better than anything else out there. Asus, HP, etc. have much more strict warranty. Dell's not international, unless you pay for it.

• 1+ Toshiba
    Asus is fine - everything from i3 to top - i don't believe you will need support
    also i dont like lenovo
    battery is most important part when you buying laptop