Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SpamCheck out of 10 mostly from Limestone networks
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SpamCheck out of 10 mostly from Limestone networks

So just was reporting all the spam emails I get and noticed most of them was from limestone networks, As a provider I know its hard to stop, but does anyone know if limestone are actively enforcing spammers ?

On another how do you report your spam emails? i use spamcop.

Comments

• As far as SPAM goes @jar would be the one to shed some light on the topic

But as far as i know spamcop is good But we will wait for the @jar

Thanked by 2jar MonsteR
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I'd say just luck of the draw, some spammers found a good way into their network that was too light on fraud checks and went nuts. It happens. To be fair, I cannot recall the last spam I saw from their network. It's probably a temporary, short term burst of activity.

Thanked by 1MonsteR
  • I don't know what spamcop is like, but if it's anything like spamhaus, then here's a 8-9 year old story:
    http://blog.bluehatseo.com/how-to-take-down-a-competitors-website-legally/

edited October 2015

@GM2015 said:
    I don't know what spamcop is like, but if it's anything like spamhaus, then here's a 8-9 year old story:
    http://blog.bluehatseo.com/how-to-take-down-a-competitors-website-legally/

SpamCop is extremely friendly and easy to work with. They do not get personal, they do not hold grudges, they do right what so many RBLs do wrong.

That blog post reads like an angry person who doesn't know how to clean a server so they lash out at the people reporting the result to their ISP. All too common.

Thanked by 1MonsteR
  • cssletcsslet Member

@jar said:
    I'd say just luck of the draw, some spammers found a good way into their network that was too light on fraud checks and went nuts. It happens. To be fair, I cannot recall the last spam I saw from their network. It's probably a temporary, short term burst of activity.

And here we are in 2019 and that "temporary burst" just keeps on going. :wink:

• deankdeank Member, Troll

What a necro. Ban this girl.

@csslet said:

@jar said:

And here we are in 2019 and that "temporary burst" just keeps on going. :wink:

Weird. Still not seeing it in my audits but my audits cover a fraction of bounced spam. I try to identify the big sources though to build better filters.