Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New iMac's - very thin! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New iMac's - very thin!

2»

Comments

• @skirtTight said: I simply pointed out without any hate/evil intention that people who tend to go for macs tend to actually have a lower iq and usual, and no even kidding, a higher homosexuality ratio. Which has actually been proven.

Oh Jesus Christ. Macs are shit -- being forced to work in a lab of older white Intel iMacs daily has reinforced this in my mind -- but you're citing a 4chan-originated shopped Reuters story in your argument.

It would be in News > Technology, not News > U.S; and it's against Reuters' stylebook to use percentage signs in a story. These are just the two most glaringly obvious bullshit signs.

tl;dr: i've been trolled

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@skirtTight said: It's a metaphor too.

In what way is my preference any type of pleading? I am not attempting to sell you on a Mac, I'm telling you that my opinion is as valid for me as yours is for you. This is a preference issue, there is no right or wrong opinion. Under no circumstances does that link you provided have any relevance to this situation other than the fact that you think you are right and I am wrong and you see in that text some vague justification for your need to belittle others over something so insignificant as preference.

@skirtTight said: You don't even know the reason to why they sell for half as much later on.

What reason changes that they do? Can you give me a reason that, upon my acknowledgement of it, will suddenly cause the buyer to back out of the sale? What thought process can I follow that, at the mere mention of your opinion, eBay stops operating? Can you tell me? The question of "why" is irrelevant to me so long as the question of "if" remains "true." That it is relevant to you, that you believe you can explain away market realities to the point where they are no longer realities, is your own burden to bear.

@skirtTight said: DOES NUT F1T MAI P3SONALITY

Did your intentional misspelling cause me to be able to suddenly use Premiere for quick jobs that I wasn't able to yesterday? No? Then it accomplished nothing but mocking. If you would like to sit around mocking me all day, feel free, but it still doesn't change my reality.

@skirtTight said: Tbh, you can't judge your self.

So if I do a task in two pieces of software and one has a workflow that gets in my way more than another, I am unfit to judge that the one that gets in my way less and helps me get the job done faster is not a viable choice for me in a fast paced work environment? I'd love for you to cite your source for that.

@skirtTight said: It's exactly that statement which simply proves your whole post wrong and implies possibly a lot of things.

So what you are saying is that "right" is simply what you declare it to be and cannot be relative? Please cite your source for that.

@skirtTight said: Generally you're the last person who can lay judgement on yourself.

Could you cite a source that claims that an individual is incapable of observing their own workflows and habits and comparing them to a clock?

@skirtTight said: Hey baby, this sounds like me, I'll do this then.

I'm afraid I don't see the logical relevance of this statement. Would you care to elaborate?

@skirtTight said: oh noes! but you see, I haven't called anyone who disagrees with me dumb at all!

Yes, you did actually. You said that Mac buyers have a lower IQ. Therefore you called me less intelligent than you.

@skirtTight said: I simply pointed out without any hate/evil intention that people who tend to go for macs tend to actually have a lower iq and usual, and no even kidding, a higher homosexuality ratio. Which has actually been proven.

Under no circumstance does this have any relevance. Do you think that purchasing a Dell increases your IQ or do you think that purchasing an Apple lowers your IQ? Is your suggestion that I am poisoning my mind and I will be unintelligent in a few years if I keep looking at this device? If not, are you suggesting that even if what you stated was relevant, I am under some requirement to make my purchases by this information? How exactly is that relevant to my day to day work?

@skirtTight said: You're really taking this personal.

I'm afraid that is actually the other way around. I told you my reasons, you just keep typing complete nonsensical things that in no way act as modifiers for my reasons, and then insulting my intelligence because of what I can only assume is an idea that if everyone doesn't agree with you, your life is over.

@skirtTight said: If you read correctly I was pointing out that macs are far overpriced.

Overpriced isn't a thing. If it is what I desire and I can afford it, it is not overpriced. Overpriced can only be when supply outweighs demand to an unsustainable level. I told you that it doesn't cost me more because of the resale value. You have yet to prove that this resale value doesn't exist. I'm not even sure why you would want to, but that is the burden you have placed on yourself by making it so clear that it is so important to you that I agree with you on it.

@skirtTight said: Costing twice as much as a normal pc for literally 10% more plastic.

That's not what I'm paying for, therefore your premise is flawed.

@skirtTight said: Having an application that only runs on it doesn't necessarily make it more valuable, it's called marketing.

It does if I need or want those applications. Proclaim whatever reason your heart desires, I will buy what I want and there is literally nothing you can do about it.

@skirtTight said: For some reason it takes you twice as much time to do it on windows than on a mac. Which is almost unnatural. Adjusting should be pretty quick.

The workflow of Adobe Premiere and Final Cut Pro X (or iMovie for quick jobs) is unmatched by any Windows software. Perhaps the difference is of no concern to you. You are not me and you do not do what I do, so why is it so important that my concerns align with yours?

@skirtTight said: Also, with the current price of macs, getting a computer with the same price with twice better hardware would definitely outweigh it all.

If your concern is the lowest invoice and the highest numbers on the "specifications" sheet then yes, I would agree. Can you not see that I do not share this concern? Why is it so important to you that I do?

@skirtTight said: On top of that, you know, coming up with special excuses, you still bother to call someone a tr0ll when they don't agree with you.

You literally called me less intelligent for disagreeing with you. There are no special excuses for me. I told you my reasons. You're just telling me why you think they're stupid, as an outsider who has zero understanding of my day to day life. I work 3 jobs and if I can pay an extra $300 every few years to shave off 10-20 minutes of my time every week or two, you bet your butt I'm going to pay it and I'm going to smile about it the whole time. At no point am I going to say "Man I wish this would take me 20 minutes longer so I can make that guy on the internet that I don't know happy."

@skirtTight said: You are desperate and have no actual excuse so you spit out diffamatory, unproved, stupid, facts as means to somehow prove your useless yet most likely invalid point.

I agree. Your attempt to paint me as less intelligent for disagreeing with you likely means that you have some useless and most likely invalid point to prove to yourself. Otherwise I'm not sure why we'd be having this conversation.

@skirtTight said: Or you simply bash out anyone that doesn't agree with you.

I really don't know why you do that, but that's your burden.

@skirtTight said: After all, you're just a goat.

I assure you I am not.

• What's even funnier is that I literally didn't read a thing about jarland's post.

Literally. Not even the first word.

edited December 2012

@skirtTight said: What's even funnier is that I literally didn't read a thing about jarland's post.

What makes that funny? I think it's pretty much a given around here that I respond to trolls. It's not like it takes long. Pretty much on autopilot with this one :P

• @jarland said: What makes that funny? I think it's pretty much a given around here that I respond to trolls. It's not like it takes long. Pretty much on autopilot with this one :P

I'm a troll when I don't read your wall of text, OK.

There's a huge chance your textwall is stupid just like your previous one. There's a chance it isn't.

I just really don't believe the gamble is worth it.

It's funny because it hit your e-ego.
    Afterall, you took the time to respond to a "tr0ll" rite?

edited December 2012

@skirtTight said: I'm a troll when I don't read your wall of text, OK.

Let's see...
    "To deliberately post derogatory or inflammatory comments to a community forum, chat room, newsgroup and/or a blog in order to bait other users into responding."

Yes, I believe you are a troll by definition.

@skirtTight said: There's a huge chance your textwall is stupid just like your previous one. There's a chance it isn't.

I admit that it isn't quite as intellectual as crediting Apple sales with a rise in homosexuality, but I try.

@skirtTight said: It's funny because it hit your e-ego.

Meh, so? I'm not as ashamed of my e-ego as some people. It's not like it's hard to defend. Everyone in the world knows that I am always right. I mean honestly if they don't they're just stupid.

@skirtTight said: Afterall, you took the time to respond to a "tr0ll" rite?

True to my style, I sure did.

• When someone else can tell me that your post is worth reading, then i'll get on it.

Meanwhile gg fighting for my attention, I find you cute too <3

edited December 2012

@skirtTight said: When someone else can tell me that your post is worth reading, then i'll get on it.

I'm really not worried about it. You've made it abundantly clear what the value of your attention is on this topic. Besides, you just retreated. I'm man enough let you back down.

• Who would have known this would turn into an argument about Apple products...

@gubbyte said: Who would have known this would turn into an argument about Apple products...

Fanboys. Can't shake em!

• Mac topics always end up in flamewars in the end... Just Let it be and spend your money on whatever you want :)

• LeeLee Veteran

To be fair though you never see people constantly posting about the latest PC, it's only mac supporters because they actually need to justify the fact they own one :)

edited December 2012

@W1V_Lee Well that's just not true at all ;)

Mac haters are the new cultish freaks who constantly feel the need to make sure you know what their preference is. Shoe had to switch foots eventually.

• LeeLee Veteran

Now now everyone keep your comments to LET, I am not responding to all the hate on gchat about macs and sexual preferences :) lol

To be fair I've bought a LOT of Lenovo lately. I'm about ready to start a fanboy club where we laugh at everyone with Toshiba. You in?

• WintereiseWintereise Member
    edited December 2012

Take your mac vs pc shit to the cesspit, we're tired of it already.
    -,-'

• today I learned that just because I own a mac, I'll eventually devour a schlong and achieve nothing because my IQ isn't high enough.

sadpanda.

• @MrObvious said: today I learned that just because I own a mac, I'll eventually devour a schlong and achieve nothing because my IQ isn't high enough.

Quote of the year 2012.