Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quadix - The Good The Bad and The ????
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Quadix - The Good The Bad and The ????

Looking for recent information on Quadix dedicated servers.

Can somebody give me information on this company, recent experiences, etc. I notice there was a refugee offer recently, which doesn't sound good.

Their offerings are cheap(too cheap?) but the equipment looks to be reasonable quality Dell servers. Anyway, would like to know other peoples experiences.

Jim

Comments

• FredQcFredQc Member
    edited October 2015

If you're lucky, you'll just have to wait a month to get provisioned :)

Other than that, they have great hardware for the price. Network is ok.

Thanked by 1jnelson3149
  • TeucrusTeucrus Member
    edited October 2015

Network speed is ok but they have too often outages.

Thanked by 1jnelson3149
  • HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Top Host, Host Rep

As far as I've seen 99.9% of complains are only regarding the provisioning time, so they should be OK once you get your server... whenever that'll be.

Thanked by 1jnelson3149
  • Volumedrive is terrible, not because of their network speed, but because of their regular outages.
    They literally have power loss on their whole dc every second month.

Thanked by 1jnelson3149
  • jnelson3149 said: I notice there was a refugee offer recently, which doesn't sound good.

We had a lot of customers come over when we ran that refugee offer, many spoke of network issues, loss of power to the server, the Dell KVM (not QuadIX fault directly, just flawed product choice) failing to work properly.

I only heard from the disgruntled ones, but I am sure there are also plenty of happy ones too otherwise they wouldn't be in business.

Thanked by 1jnelson3149
  • I have a $27/month e3 system with them. i don't do anything mission critical and knowing that they do sometimes have hiccups with service/network (went in knowing this) I am extremely happy. I shipped my own SSD for them to use (since the ones they would provide were crappy as hell for $15/month additional charge) so I don't pay extra for that. Ends up being a real real great development machine/testing machine for the price.

Thanked by 1jnelson3149
  • hawchawc Moderator, LIR
    edited October 2015

QuadIX. Where do I start?

They were down more times then they were up for a period when I was with them. A friend who ordered also experienced very slow setup times. The times that they did say that they were doing down (and didn't just press the button on my server), they only gave me one to two hours notice on thirteen hour expected downtimes. This really wasn't enough to migrate my services to one of my other servers. I have lost data due to their incompetence.

QuadIX said:
    Harry,

I asked the tech. It was cancelled. I will get the refund arranged.

They did that. They "accidentally" wiped my server. Probably because I was complaining (rightfully) about the downtimes I have had from them. All their downtime seemed to be due to their UPS failings. When they did this, they didn't tell me. It was only when I enquired about why my server was down, and why I was locked out of my DRAC. All of this happened overnight.

The times I rang them to ask what was going on, I got a very rushed reply along the lines of

"Hello, I know the servers are down, we are working on it. The servers will be back up soon" click

If you want an alternative, speak to @Ernie - awesome dude and my VM's are nearing 50 days uptime!

Thanked by 1jnelson3149