Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UptimeVPS and Paypal
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

UptimeVPS and Paypal

collaborandocollaborando Member
edited November 2011 in General

I bought my vps on 23 ott 2011, it is currently up and fully functionally but customer support is no longer available. Can I get back my money from paypal?

What do you think about paypal and uptime vps?

Comments

• kylixkylix Member
    edited November 2011

Some people around here claimed they got refunds via Paypal. However, according to the ToS of Paypal, intangible property is not a refundable item. Since a VPS is a rental agreement on ressource allocation you might not get a refund.

• @kylix
    thank you, I am waiting for response from paypal and post it here

• @collaborando why do you want to get a refund? You payed for a VPS and you say it is working fine. Assuming it was a monthly payment there is a chance that it will run for 6 more days, until the month you payed for expires. You didn't pay for support, so it doesn't have to work. Asking for a refund in this case can be classified as scam/fraud.

• I partially agree with rds100, the month has almost passed, but after what they have done to many, I would like to ask a refund too :p

• Let's scam the scammers LOL

• oh lookie. yet another uptimevps thread. how dandy. :)

• @drmike I'm with you, this is crazy. I wonder if LEA could filter the name?

• ztecztec Member
    edited November 2011

@rds100 said: Asking for a refund in this case can be classified as scam/fraud.

Assuming everybody at paypal is socially retarded, of course.

• I never got my money back via PayPal claim...

• ztecztec Member
    edited November 2011

I always have so far, maybe the difference in country laws play a huge role here.

• japonjapon Member
    edited November 2011

@ztec said: I always have so far, maybe the difference in country laws play a huge role here.

Where are you from? Is the ToS from Paypal for your country different from the US one?