Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Affordable and reliable dedi - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Affordable and reliable dedi

2»

Comments

• @IThinkUFailed said:
    Why is it 14GB ram, 30GB and 62GB and not 16GB, 32GB and 64GB?

I was wondering the same thing.

• 28Tom28Tom Member
    edited November 2015

@iRepko said:

Skype me Mat ;)

• @28Tom said:
    Skype me Mat ;)

PM sent.

Thanked by 128Tom
  • I've been well served by Quickpacket and Online.net in the past.

Dacentec has good price/support, but for me the network wasn't as reliable as Quickpacket in the US.

Thanked by 1qps
  • VirpusVirpus Member, Host Rep

@iRepko said:

@IThinkUFailed said:
    Why is it 14GB ram, 30GB and 62GB and not 16GB, 32GB and 64GB?

those are just the predefined setups that we have for sale as actual dedicated servers. setups are flexible, but its not like vps's that are scalable

• @Virpus said:

those are just the predefined setups that we have for sale as actual dedicated servers. setups are flexible, but its not like vps's that are scalable

Typical setups are with 16GB Ram, 32GB and 64GB

• Another +1 for Dacentec here, some of their servers are excellent values, I was able to snag a 2x2TB for $20/mo(non-RTO). I don't know if they have RTO on E3/E5, if you're even interested in that but their non-RTO's are pretty affordable, maybe not the absolute cheapest but you know that it's backed by a real company with physical assets, not a fly-by-night one man show.

• @nunim said:
    Another +1 for Dacentec here, some of their servers are excellent values, I was able to snag a 2x2TB for $20/mo(non-RTO). I don't know if they have RTO on E3/E5, if you're even interested in that but their non-RTO's are pretty affordable, maybe not the absolute cheapest but you know that it's backed by a real company with physical assets, not a fly-by-night one man show.

yeah, think that opteron 1381 is the best deal there for non-RTO.

the best RTO IMO is this:

ZT Systems 2XL5520 16GB 2x2TB SATA RTO $40/mo

it took me forever to finally get one though. i think it's only 2x5520 that's under $50 RTO. the 5420's don't even have ddr3 ram, so not much interest in those..

there is that odd server, the SUPERMICRO X3440 8GB 2X2TB SATA, that you can 'buy down' and set to semi-annual payment, making payments $230 for first 6 mo and $130 for last 6 mo. Still too high vs that ZT Systems machine or the opteron 1381 non-RTO, though.

would be nice to see some buy-down and RTO options on the newer machines, though (1220, 1230, etc)

• CloudconeCloudcone Member, Patron Provider

Sent you a PM.