Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for partners - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for partners

124»

Comments

• try ashleymadison.com

• Hi @mazgalin, and welcome to LET.

Unfortunately, your idea is not new, nor is it unique. I was planning on doing the same about 6 months ago; however did some research and found others already providing it. It's something I still want to try just to say i've been able to do it, and like you I have already got accounts at various template providers etc...

For what I wanted, WP network install (formerly WP MU) wasn't able to do what I needed... end users couldn't physically change templates so all looked very much the same with options changed to change colours, widgets etc. Most people want to be physically able to make changes to the templates.

I ended up going with individual hosting accounts, with the WP core set up in the skeleton directory so it was automatically uploaded; and then getting them to tell me which theme they wanted and I would manually upload it and send them the documentation. Then I linked their dashboard into my MainWP install and could remotely update plugins, templates etc. It also allows me to do backups. If a site is generating too much traffic I simply move the site to a different server and as the TTL is so low I can update the IP and it's rerouted.

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@mazgalin said:
    aga Very inviting description. I need to start reading more in english so I can improve my communication skills.

Don't worry about your English too much. As long as people can understand what you mean (and your English is clear enough for that), it won't be an issue - it's much more important to have the right intention in your communication.

Even if your English isn't very good, simply trying to explain the specifics of your idea will make people much more willing to listen.

Thanked by 1mazgalin
  • wpmanaged.org isn't so bad indeed

• MrGeneral said: Feel free to PM me and I'll check it out for you. :)

Thank you very much Mr General. I will send you a private message asap.

• deadbeefdeadbeef Member
    edited October 2015

@classy said:
    wpmanaged.org isn't so bad indeed

Your post wasn't that classy, was it?

• mazgalinmazgalin Member
    edited October 2015

@DeanKamitsis

My idea is not to provide all the possible features but only the basic ones at a small price. If people want more advanced things there are lots of hosting platform where they can start their website.

• mazgalinmazgalin Member
    edited October 2015

joepie91 said: Don't worry about your English too much. As long as people can understand what you mean (and your English is clear enough for that), it won't be an issue - it's much more important to have the right intention in your communication. Even if your English isn't very good, simply trying to explain the specifics of your idea will make people much more willing to listen.

Yeah I should try and express myself more directly than keeping things "hidden"

• classy said: wpmanaged.org isn't so bad indeed

Also own wpmanage.org

• Master_Bo said: In your next try, please find a reliable system administrator who does their work well. That includes backing everything up, in a manner that would make such incidents (malevolent deletion of everything) easier to handle. Good luck.

Auto backups will be the first thing i work on after installing WordPress.

• Don't forget; you need to backup everything - not only Wordpress. Save your config files from the software you install!

• @DeanKamitsis said:
    Don't forget; you need to backup everything - not only Wordpress. Save your config files from the software you install!

Will keep that in mind. Thanks for your input.