Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wable has done it again - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Wable has done it again

Comments

• @Amitz said:
    He did. Check where he thanked. It's a bit subtle, but it's out there...

Dayum. That was subtle. Totally not fair to charge for something we are already paying for.

Any recommendations where to scp.tar.gz now? Under 12-15$ per month?

• MunMun Member

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL

They are a premium network. I reviewed one of the hosts that uses them here: https://www.qwdsa.com/c/threads/hosting-catalysthost-2015-review.208/

When I say there network is top notch, I mean it.

I also was asking around at incero for clarification, and thus made my post.

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • MunMun Member

@Junkless said:

Catalysthost, BuyVM, Dacentec, Ramnode, INTOVPS?

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

I've no problem what you said about Incero. They are indeed Premium, I know. Management is smooth but this doesn't mean there are no alternatives. There are such people (not you) who just think that getting a Dedi from Incero has made them "Best Host" which is not entirely true. @Mun

• MunMun Member

Also looks like Incero is trying to help out the VPS providers hosting with them: https://www.facebook.com/Incero/posts/1034628746576719

• MunMun Member

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    I've no problem what you said about Incero. They are indeed Premium, I know. Management is smooth but this doesn't mean there are no alternatives. There are such people (not you) who just think that getting a Dedi from Incero has made them "Best Host" which is not entirely true. Mun

Every host that has been with incero that I have used has been very good. When they moved off incero I noticed increased issues, and in most cased eventually moved away from them to my current usage of mainly dedicated servers.

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

One of the reasons it really helps to have your own IP space (for those that have dedicateds with providers).

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@Mun said:
    Also looks like Incero is trying to help out the VPS providers hosting with them: https://www.facebook.com/Incero/posts/1034628746576719

How are they helping ?? Because, not charging the Dedi Customers (I mean VPS Providers host with them) for IP's ?? And, for announcing IP Space, I have seen other providers to do the same ! However, I would never say they are bad. They are Premium of course, however, I dislike their sudden decision & sometime the injustice towards the clients. And this time, I just can't understand how it makes difference in terms of usage between assigning Multiple IP's for One VM & Single IP-Single VM ?

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited October 2015

Gordon, Gordon, Gordon....ever considered hiring someone to handle mass customer communications? It pains me to see how you shoot yourself in the foot time and time again.

• @Mun said:

Any of them providing resource pool and multiple locations? As reliable and as good performance/network?

• In the real world, you sign contracts to lock in terms. In the fantasy land of LET, it's a scam or rip off when un-contracted terms change.

• @Microlinux said:
    In the real world, you sign contracts to lock in terms. In the fantasy land of LET, it's a scam or rip off when un-contracted terms change.

@Amitz said:
    Good Evening, you have just been hit by the beauty of month-to-month contracts...

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited October 2015

Nekki said: It pains me to see how you shoot yourself in the foot time and time again.

I don't think he does, he knows what what he is doing. Whether you agree with or not is entirely different of course. He is really not that daft, despite appearances.

The only people that will suffer are those daft enough to not consider IP charges would come. Just like those who bought a SoYouStart/OVH server and think OVH won't start charging them €32 Euros per month for those "free" 16 IP's in the near future.

Not saying I think it's right, just that people keep calling foul of IP charges when the know the score really.

Thanked by 2ryanarp netomx
  • Junkless said: Any recommendations where to scp.tar.gz now? Under 12-15$ per month?

What spec system do you want for that money?

• LeeLee Veteran

MarkTurner said: What spec system do you want for that money?

You should rename your account to "Vulture".

• @Lee said:
    You should rename your account to "Vulture".

I loled/did lol/l(ed)ol a little.

@MarkTurner said:

Something with a little more resources than wable bundle perhaps (was so cheap at 8$).

Thanked by 1Lee
  • MunMun Member

@Junkless said:

Buyvm and Ramnode have a multiple locations. Ramnode isn't as good of a network, and Buyvm has a little better of a network, but still not as good as Incero by my opinion.

• @Mun said:

Incero's network is that good? What about Vulture's...err.. I mean Mark's network (i.e. Delimiter)?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • MunMun Member

@Junkless said:

Delimter:

Download speed from CacheFly: 106MB/s
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 6.87MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 70.9MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 12.5MB/s
    Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 10.7MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 21.1MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 7.98MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 27.4MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 32.4MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 77.6MB/s

Ramnode LA

CPU model :  QEMU Virtual CPU version (cpu64-rhel6)
    Number of cores : 2
    CPU frequency :  3400.026 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 494 MB
    Total amount of swap : 671 MB
    System uptime :   149 days, 2:30,
    Download speed from CacheFly: 98.0MB/s
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 29.8MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 36.4MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 14.5MB/s
    Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 10.3MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 11.2MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 8.74MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 38.7MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 83.7MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 16.8MB/s
    I/O speed :  660 MB/s

Sadly I don't have any buyvm servers at this time to give you stats from them.

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • No wonder Leaseweb's/dediserve's bench results looked sub par to me. I am used to testing wable's network all day.

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • Lee said: The only people that will suffer are those daft enough to not consider IP charges would come.

That's not the point IMO.

And I guess this has been discussed many times before, it is the way that they make and announce changes that causes instability to one's plan.

It happened before, it happened again, so I'm sure there will definitely be more drama in the future.

edited October 2015

@Junkless said:

If you can handle just one Incero location (Seattle) for the moment (with more to come) our resource bundle VDR4 plan can be had for $7 per month with promo code

• MunMun Member

@Awmusic12635 said:
    If you can handle just one Incero location (Seattle) for the moment (with more to come) our resource bundle VDR4 plan can be had for $7 per month with promo code

Are you planning on selling that company in the next 3 years?

• @eLohkCalb said:
    It happened before, it happened again, so I'm sure there will definitely be more drama in the future.

How boring life would be, without some drama, mon ami!

Thanked by 1Lee
    edited October 2015

Mun said: Are you planning on selling that company in the next 3 years?

I have no current plans to do so, have already turned down a few buyout offers.

• Incero was quite good on their service TBH.

Only hope they can keep their pricing stable.

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • That sack of shit called Gordon did not care about his clients DDoSing outbound to a data-center I worked at who constantly messaged him about such, while proudly a few years later playing bitch-boy to Spamhaus for Whitestar. Bullshit said your traffic and pcap you avoided answering from our NOC.

Was not surprised about Incero dedicated server pricing raise, not surpsising that Wable is wobbling, what a dumb name - and everyone who helped this son of an onion get his IP allocations, be prepared for maybe 50 cents per IP, if dipshit feeling friendly.

Keep backups or move before hes charging per IOPS, OK.

• So... I still have 5 IPs/VMs out of the 'promised' 9 for POWERBOOST.

When considering the fact that they don't have GRE support in their kernels (last I asked), I'm not too upset about the news.

• LeeLee Veteran

GStanley said: while proudly a few years later

Hold a grudge much?