Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best offers of 2012 - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best offers of 2012

Comments

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@TheHackBox said: My RamNode VPS

I practically pay you to host with me D:

• @Nick_A said: I practically pay you to host with me D:

I wish I was paid in VPSes :(

• @gubbyte said: My favourite offer: ChicagoVPS 2GB OVZ

Price: $3.50 first month, $7 afterwards.
    How: Paid monthly.
    Why: It just works.

@ihatetonyy said: CVPS's "winning" offer.

Thanks, we appreciate your trust and business!

• Uncle's 1GB RAM 25GB SSD
    LiquidHost KVM and OVZ deals
    Chicago 30/yr 2gb ram
    Urpad black friday

• Urpad Black Friday

• @Serverbear, what happened to your database? Where are Prometeus/Iperweb and the previous leaders from the front page? These results are 100% different that what was a month ago, and the numbers are worse. I just wanted to re-bench my new node at Prometeus but it seems all results are missing. This way there is no point re-benching...

• Ramnode's Incero deal was the best. First VPS I ever bought :3

• @Nick_A said: I practically pay you to host with me D:

Why do you think it's my favorite :P

• FRH Black Friday deal. :-)

• @craigb @serverbear @AsadHaider

Wow guys, thanks a lot for your kind words and trust, I really appreciate it! :)

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@XtreamServers said: Ramnode's Incero deal was the best. First VPS I ever bought :3

I'm confused. What specifically about the deal had to do with Incero? And what deal was it?

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

@David_P said: My favorite was probably EDIS's 11.95 euro a year for 128mb KVM.

This was definitely my top one as well.

• edited December 2012

FrontRangeHosting with 50% off ( OpenVZ SSD from $1, 512MB KVM from $3.5 )
    Prometeus SSD 1GB for $5.7
    RamNode with 33% off :D

• LFCVPS: 1GB Xen for $6.50 :)

• @zsero said: I just wanted to re-bench my new node at Prometeus but it seems all results are missing. This way there is no point re-benching...

Results change as hosts adapt, there's results there for Iperweb/Prometeus. Just not on the leaderboard.

• The best WORKING offer for me this year was Prometeus SSD 1GB for $5.7 (i take 2 ) only downside 2 reboots last 2 days like @Maounique said
    The second best WORKING offer is annual 12$ 256mb SemoWeb ( i take 1 )

• Yup, two reboots in these 2 days :(

• So i'm seeing plenty of people say their favorite offer, but few are saying why. Why are these your favorite offers?

• @Damian said: So i'm seeing plenty of people say their favorite offer, but few are saying why. Why are these your favorite offers?

What reason is there other than good value/good service?

• @gubbyte said: What reason is there other than good value/good service?

E.g. Quality of network, Knowledge of support staff, Uptime, Support Staff's Ability to Escalate your ticket (You think it'd be easy to get this accomplished... Apparently a host here doesn't have this yet), Quality of Server/Service, Other Benefits, etc.

There's so much you can go about it.

• I'm quite impressed with the responsiveness / throughput of my little $15.60/yr ramnode leb.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Best deal of 2012 I say goes to ChicagoVPS with their 2GB deals. All else aside, they pulled an offer that flirts with the dead pool, and they aren't there.

• that was really the best deal of the year. If @CVPS_Chris can make that work more power to him.

• Best value deal, however not necessarily the best deal for the end users though?

• I'm hesitant to praise my 2GB chicagovps box, cause SRCDS just does not want to stay running on it :(

• IPXcore - 32MB offer
    Prometeus - multiple offers

Both had an amazing price, and performance has been great too.

• juanjuan Member
    edited December 2012

I wonder why everyone was complaining about Urpad's $12/yr promo, Uptime has been stable for 37days already. So it's a catch.

IPXCore 32mbs : for $6/yr, really great for serving one static site, vpn and irc bouncer.
    ServerDragons CyberMonday or BlackFriday special

• @vedran said: IPXcore - 32MB offer

Prometeus - multiple offers

I second this. :)

• @vedran said: IPXcore - 32MB offer

@juan said: IPXCore 32mbs : for $6/yr, really great for serving one static site, vpn and irc bouncer.

@Andri said: I second this. :)

It's been having issues with incoming DDOS today, of course :(

• ProviderService's 512mb xen for < 2€/month comes to mind. Great performance, network and rock solid. Also, Oneprovider's 75% off wasn't bad. Great price for some unusual locations.